This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
July 27, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4293467

lukasK-33

Hi,

Thank you for your help ! During the installation process I set up language of website for ENGLISH (even its in Slovak language). Now all my webpages are in slovak language but WMPL plugins takes it as english. How or where Can I change original website language to the slovak ?

Thank you very much !!!

July 28, 2019 at 6:07 am #4294885

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

=== Please backup your database and website ===

1) If you have just installed plugin and configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can change existing content language by resetting WPML plugin. You can reset WPML plugin by following below steps:

- Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML”.

After deleting all data and WPML related plugins then please activate WPML plugin again and now you can select existing content language from setting wizard.

OR

- Please go to *_options database table and delete the ‘icl_sitepress_settings’ entry. This caused WPML to start over with set up.

2) If you have already translated data added then you can bulk duplicate all the Italian content from English(default language) to Italian(second language) then delete it from the English language and only then translate into English.

You can do the bulk duplication in WPML >> Translation Management >> Translation Dashboard tab.

Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Thank you