This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlo 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 9:47 am #3723473

Carlo

I am trying to: change the language of a string

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Clicking the button must work

Instead, I got: Nothing happens but when I choose the language and hit Enter twice, the language is applied

May 2, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3727249

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. Can you please send me a screen recording of the steps that you are taking and the errors that you see, in case you see any errors?

2. Can you please create a full backup of the site and then disable all the non-WPML plugins and set the current theme to a WordPress default theme like Twentyseventeen and see if the issue is still happening?

3. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

Please let me know if there is anything new that you were able to observe in the behavior of this issue by following any of the steps above.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 7, 2019 at 12:20 pm #3757635

Carlo

I found out that another plugin is having conflict with String Translation. Although before the upgrade the problem wasn't happening, we will try to look on the other plugin instead.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!