This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 9:23 am #3249202

monikaG-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have an event section with pearl theme, which is built in english. The website I'm building is in german. Now I need the date and time format in german. Under settings I set the desired date and time format and there's no problem with the date (converts to german format automatically) but with the time format.

It shows 08.30 AM or 05.00 PM, but I would like 08.30 Uhr or 17.00 Uhr.

There's a date and a time picker (two separate fields) in the events-section of the theme. So I cannot insert the time manually, always changes automatically into the english format.

I already contacted the theme support but did not get any answer.

Is there a way to solve this with WPML?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Nothing found in theme documentation.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
See screen shots

What is the link to your site?
I can give access to the site, its in coming-soon mode now.

February 28, 2019 at 12:21 am #3252858

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

That depends on how the theme was made. To check this I need to look and check if it is possible to change the time format. Please note that apparently looking through the screenshots this does not seem to be possible without custom coding.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

February 28, 2019 at 8:32 pm #3257371

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. Unfortunately, this is not possible with WPML. This plugin that you are using "STM Configurations" uses a plugin for jQuery called "timepicker". This JavaScript already creates the version with "AM / PM".

When the event page is updated, the value is already saved as "7.00 PM" on the database.

Please note that this is not a WPML bug or incompatibility issue. The same problem will happen even in a new installation with just your theme set to German (as the default language of the WordPress).

Perhaps, in this case, the best option is to contact the author of your theme and explain that you have a German site and that the time format is incorrect.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.