This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3969235

Jelle

Hi,

Question, is it possible to change the links the flags link to in the WordPress admin toolbar WPML language switcher?

See: hidden link

Switching now updates the query string 'lang' parameter. We'd like to be able to change the admin domain from let's say .nl to .fr if the French language is clicked. This as there are 4 domains linked to this wordpress install and we get cross domain content warnings if a page isn't edited on it's own domain / admin.

Hope i'm explaining clearly.

So:

hidden link

Would change to:

hidden link

June 6, 2019 at 9:37 pm #3972283

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Where are the cross domain content warnings coming from? Do you expereince any issue sin regards to the translations?

Are you running a multisite?
hidden link

Please provide me more information about the errors and I will consult our second tier support about the issue. Anyhow, I am afraid adding the language parameter when taking edits on backend is WPML default behavior.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 7, 2019 at 9:17 am #3975195

Jelle

Hi Andreas,

Are you running a multisite?
> No, a website in 4 languages. Each on their own domain.

Where are the cross domain content warnings coming from?
> When editing a woocommerce product in a different language than the admin url. Example: WordPress admin is opened on the xxx.nl/wp-admin/.. and we're editing a product in French language. It expects scripts/files from the xxx.fr domain as i see in the Google Chrome inspector tool console.

Do you expereince any issue sin regards to the translations?
> Yes, see above.

Anyhow, I am afraid adding the language parameter when taking edits on backend is WPML default behavior.
> This was not my question. My question is (regardless of any errors): Can we, instead of switching language query string parameter, switch WordPress admin URL. So if we select the French flag, the domain switches to xxxx.fr/wp-admin/..... German flag switches to: xxxx.de/wp-admin/.....

Is that fixable?

Thanks!

June 7, 2019 at 5:16 pm #3978137

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please take note that when translating products with WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual it is mandatory to always translate from default language, means the language in which the product was originally created.

Got to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products. The flags indicate the default language of each product.

Trying to edit product values, like prices, attributes, variations manually in additonal languages is not possible with WPML. You will need to create additional products independently instead.

What are you exactly trying to edit on the translated products?

Could you maybe provide a screenshot about the issue or failure message?

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Change WordPress (admin) toolbar language switcher links’ is closed to new replies.