This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 10:50 am #3690005

pareshJ-2

I am translating the website from english to italian. I selected some pages that I want to translate and I used WPML do translate text by my own. One page, "E-mail verified – thank you!" seems to have problem. I ended my trasaltion but when I click on "Save" it does not save and the page is blocked. I had no problem with other pages that now are online for both languages; this page translation is not working.

What can I do?

The page is "E-mail verified – thank you!"

hidden link

Thank you
Luca

April 26, 2019 at 3:36 pm #3692043

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @pareshj-2, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please enable WP_Debug, WP_Debug_log and WP_Debug_Display on your website, it will display more details about the error: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ - e.g.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

After that, please try to translate the page. Does it display any error messages? If so, send us a screenshot.

Please also check the debug.log (located on the /wp-content/) folder and send us the last lines of the file.

I also checked the settings of your server through debug log and saw that some items need attention:
PHP version
Upgrade the PHP to version 7 or higher. This is a practice recommended by the WordPress.org website: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

MaxInputVars
Currently your server is configured with MaxInputVars = 1000, which is too low and can cause problems. Please increase this to 10,000. There are two options to do this:
== php.ini file
Open the php.ini file and insert/edit this line:

max_input_vars = 10000

hidden link
== .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 10000

All the best,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] changed not saved’ is closed to new replies.