This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translation are not saved while using WPML with Soho theme

Solution: Update to latest version of WPML 4.2.7 and SOho theme 2.0.4 or above.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jackT 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 3, 2019 at 10:59 am #4334387

jackT

I'm contacting you from within my own account, but the site owner has its own license for WPML: hidden link. I'm maintaining that site. The sites default language is Swedish and we have several languages installed.

When we start in the backend, pick a page in Swedish, and than click the pencil to translate that page into for instance English, everything is okay and changes are saved. But when we do the same but start at the front end, click on Edit Page in the Admin bar at the top of the page, and then try to make changes to that page, we cannot save it. It says changes cannot be saved. Any idea why this is?

August 5, 2019 at 8:59 am #4339137

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Kindly apologize for the delay, I will help you with your issues.

Could you please share the full error message displayed when edited from the front end. A screenshot could be much helpful in such cases.

I see that from the debug information the site is using an older version of WPML. Please update all WPML and its add-ons plugins to the latest version. make sure to secure a backup of your site before you proceed

The compatibility status of Soho hotels theme state that the theme is compatible with WPML from version 2.0.4. it seems you are using an older version of the theme (1.9.7). Try updating the theme to the latest in case updating the WPML plugin didn't solve your issue.
https://wpml.org/theme/soho-hotel/

I hope this solves your issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 5, 2019 at 11:02 am #4339989

jackT

Hi Raja. Updating fixed this problem, however I did not see that there were updates available so I did not update from version 4.5. I don't understand why not, other plugins showed updates just fine. Is there perhaps something wrong with the registration of this website?

August 6, 2019 at 4:39 am #4344123

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Glad the update fixed the issue.

There was an issue with WPML 4.2.0 updates, which resulted in updates not visible for the users. There is nothing wrong with the website registration it was a minor bug with the older version of WPML which has been fixed in the latest release.

I hope this helps you better.

August 9, 2019 at 8:32 am #4368685

jackT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!