This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 3:02 am #4008759

aidanR

I'm translating pages on hidden link and it seems like something associated with the Advanced Custom Fields on that site -- seems like whenever I make a change to those fields (see attached) and then update the translations, it creates about a dozen duplicates of the page. Are you familiar with this issue?

June 13, 2019 at 8:16 am #4010445

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

it creates about a dozen duplicates of the page

Can you tell me if what you are referring to is shown on this image? Because these are not page duplicates, these are custom fields stored for the particular page and I see no issue here. Based on how many custom fields you're using on specific page - and how are they created (for example repeater fields or flexible content fields), they would render as much as custom fields based on how they are created within custom field groups.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 17, 2019 at 8:31 pm #4038589

aidanR

No, I was showing you what seems to be triggering the page duplication -- it seems like, when I make changes to those custom fields settings and then update the translations, I get a bunch of page duplicates. I've thrown all the page duplicates in the trash (almost 300 of them, now), but here's a screen grab of some of those, in case that's useful. Please let me know if you have any other questions -- and if there's any way you can notify me at sky@goodwebworks.com, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

June 18, 2019 at 7:42 am #4041025

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please check if this issue appears when:

- only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Nineteen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

I am wondering whether there is some code added somewhere within either a theme or a plugin, such as:
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_admin_make_post_duplicates/

Hence triggering all these duplicates to be created. Let's exclude possible interaction with some other plugin or a theme.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 18, 2019 at 6:34 pm #4045909

aidanR

Hey, thanks for the reply -- and thanks for notifying me via email -- but I'll have to coordinate with the developer to do that kind of testing. That'll probably take some time, so I guess I'll get back to you when I'm ready -- please let me know if you have any other suggestions in the meantime. Thanks again.

June 19, 2019 at 6:44 am #4048433

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, let me know how it goes or if you need me to provide a staging server (in case you don't have one). The ticket will remain open until you decide otherwise.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] changing ACF settings and updating translation creates many duplicate pages’ is closed to new replies.