This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The content in translation queue is only listing the content which were translated from Finnish to other languages. Solution: I believe that the main reason behind you not being able to select any other languages other from Finish is because the user you have logged in into the site has no these language pairs set. For example, if you're only language pair is from Finish to English, you will not be able to select English from the drop-down.

You can do this by opening translation management, going to translation roles, checking the and it languages and setting up language pairs.

You should also do the same for all your translators - set proper language pairs for them.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by heidiV-2 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 10:49 am #4380183

heidiV-2

I am trying to: export xliff files from the site's English translations to be translated to Chinese (our translator uses Memsource). The default WordPress language/content is in Finnish, but not all the site content is available in Finnish. I used Translation Management to send all the files via basket to email, but no xliff files were included in the email. Then I tried to check Translation queue to download xliff files manually but wasn't able to choose "English to Chinese" content.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Please see screenshot "problem2.jpg".

I expected to see: a dropdown menu where I could pick "English".

Instead, I got: no dropdown menu, no options to choose. The content in translation queue is only listing the content which were translated from Finnish to other languages.

August 13, 2019 at 8:51 am #4386101

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I believe that the main reason behind you not being able to select any other languages other from Finish is because the user you have logged in into the site has no these language pairs set. For example, if you're only language pair is from Finish to English, you will not be able to select English from the drop-down.

You can do this by opening translation management, going to translation roles, checking the and it languages and setting up language pairs.

You should also do the same for all your translators - set proper language pairs for them.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 13, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4387707

heidiV-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!