This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 7:12 pm #4073515

yano-4

I have installed wpml on hidden link and have been having a great time slowly but surely translating the entire site. One thing that eluded me is the following.

In the avada theme, I have a Modal class element I put in the footer widget. This is persistent through all pages so when I create a button, I refer to the Modal code in the widget and this creates a Typeform popup that comes out in english. The button appears in the following areas:
main menu
body of pages (including home and posts on the blog)
footer (where the widgets are)

I would like to find a way to refer to a different tyepform page when french is selected (one that is in french obviously)

What would be the best way to do this?

June 24, 2019 at 10:22 am #4076415

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 26, 2019 at 7:14 am #4089909

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

Could you please try to translate the Widget content which holds your Typeform script? To do so, please follow these steps:

-go to WPML > String Translation. Set the text domain option to 'Widgets'
-search for the widget strings which holds the modal element for Typeform script.
-translate the strings to secondary language(s) completely and save.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Changing links (modal popup link) based on language in Avada theme)’ is closed to new replies.