This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rajeevA 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4300851

rajeevA

I am trying to:
Before I add any WPML plugins, my site settings have the site language as "English (UK)". The "Add to Cart" buttons on the products read as "ADD TO BASKET" which is as expected. But when I activate the WPML plugins, the button reverts to "ADD TO CART".

I've gone to WPML > Languages > Edit Languages and changed the locale field from "en_US" to "en_GB". However the buttons still say "ADD TO CART". I want them to say "ADD TO BASKET".

What am I missing? (apologies, this is the first time I'm using WPML).

July 29, 2019 at 4:01 pm #4301663

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please navigate to WPML > String Translation & check whether you can find the string there?

You can read more about String Translation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please let me know whether this works for you.

Also, from the debug information I can see that the WP Memory limit is 40MB. At least 128 MB is required for WPML.
Could you please update the same? You can read the minimum requirements here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Thanks,
Rohan

July 29, 2019 at 9:42 pm #4303645

rajeevA

Yes, I can see the string "Add to Cart" in the string translation section for English. Should I delete it? I want it to say "Add to Basket" for English.

I'll look into the memory limit issue with my host. Would that be causing the problem?

Thanks
Raj

July 30, 2019 at 9:45 am #4306313

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

As English is the default language in your site, please navigate to
WPML > String Translation > Select the string > Click on "Change language of selected strings". Then change the language to a random language.

Now you will be able to change the text in English by clicking on translations.

Also in WPML > Theme and plugins localization, please make sure that you have unchecked "Assume that the original language of all strings is English" option.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Then regarding the WP Memory Limit,

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

You can read more about this here:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 30, 2019 at 9:55 am #4306591

rajeevA

I tried unchecking the "Assume that the original language of all strings is English" option, but this had no effect. However I did switch the option "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup" and this worked!

So all sorted for now.
Thanks.

July 30, 2019 at 9:56 am #4306603

rajeevA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!