This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertL-38 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4561919

robertL-38

I have a website whose main language is English. Some pages have been translated into French.
I now intend to make significant changes to one of the English pages (structure, content, images etc.). When I am done, I would like these same changes reflected in its French counterpart. How is that best done? Do you have instructions showing the steps involved?

September 12, 2019 at 4:03 pm #4562891

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Are you translating directly in the Page/Site Builder, or are you using one of our Translation Editors for it? Please let me know, then I can send you the correct instructions.

Thanks

Best Marcel

September 12, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4563273

robertL-38

Hi Marcel, directly in the Page/Site Builder.

September 13, 2019 at 7:51 am #4566243

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

The only thing you need to take care of is the following:

#1 Update the default language
#2 You will see after your changes on the language flag the "pencil" icon changed to "Updating"
#3 Once you open the page make sure that the translation is finished and there is no update pending

Doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/#updating-a-page-and-its-translation

Best Marcel

September 26, 2019 at 9:27 am #4645073

robertL-38

Where do I upgrade the default language?

September 26, 2019 at 9:28 am #4645085

robertL-38

Sorry, found it