Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jurgen 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm #590502

Jurgen

I am trying to: change the language & see the site, shopping bag & checkout with all functionalities as it should be

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The same functionalities as in Dutch (primary language)

Instead, I got: multiple items that are not shown as it should be

Hello,

All goes fine with the website but now we are setting up a second language with WPML. Something strange happens on the checkout page in the new language: the total is 0 (even though the subtotal is correct) & there are no shipping options. When you try to continue, you get a message that the shipping method is not ok (that’s normal because I couldn’t select one) & the totals and shipping options are there! That’s a work around but my customer & his clients won’t accept that…

When I compare both HTML source files, it seems that the <tr> “shippping” is completely missing the first time…
Next to that several messages are not styled as it should be (top of screen item added etc), some javascript is not working (ship to other address), while everything goes smoothly in Dutch (the primary language)...

Can you help me on this one? I can provide the necessary credentials if you want to have a look!

I am using:
- WP 4.1.1
- WC 2.3.7
- no plugin updates remaining for any other plugin (so also WPML is up to date)
- theme Neighborhoord (via Themeforest), using a child theme

March 31, 2015 at 4:52 am #590972

Jurgen

FYI, I use "Table Rate Shipping" from CodeCanyon => hidden link

I've been talking to the plugin author & it seems that I am not the only one having WPML issues (in combination with the plugin). Even though I think there is something else going wrong (cfr the other issues on messages & JS) that causes this plugin to "brake" as well...

Please let us work on this, with the plugin author if required: it is a widely used plugin (and I need it :o) )!

Coming from the plugin author:
"Are you using shipping classes? Unfortunately I have been receiving a lot of odd stories like this from WPML users also using the Table Rate shipping method. I have been speaking with them for a couple weeks to see if anything needs to be done on my end, but so far I am still waiting."

March 31, 2015 at 7:12 pm #591695

Bruno

We launched the new version of WooCommerce Multilingual today ( https://wpml.org/2015/03/woocommerce-multilingual-3-5-5-for-wordpress-4-2/ ). Please, could you upgrade to the latest version and see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

April 1, 2015 at 5:54 am #591839

Jurgen

I just did the upgrade & it solved another issue (on commas & dots in prices).

Even though, I still have the issue as mentioned above...

April 1, 2015 at 9:41 pm #592494

Bruno

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Thank you.

April 6, 2015 at 9:27 pm #594599

Bruno

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I could replicate both the problems.

In the second problem, the "?lang =" is being added even in the default language. This is not displayed page 404, however.

Please, could you switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

Also, please, could you disable all non-WPML plugins and keep only the shipping plugin ( and WPML plugins ) and check if the problem persists? This will help us figure out the first problem.

Then disable all non-WPML plugins and just keep Whishlist plugin ( and WPML plugins ). This will help us figure out the second problem.

Thank you.

April 7, 2015 at 8:57 am #594790

Jurgen

Hello,

Indeed, the default language gets ?lang= but no 404 shows here. (cfr remark upon testing below!)

I changed to the TwentyFifteen theme:
- en/checkout/ => NOK (total 0 € - no shipping options - no JS)
- checkout => all OK in Dutch

- en/wishlist/ => OK
- en/wishlist/view/?lang=en => NOK (404)
- wensenlijst/ => OK
- wensenlijst/view/?lang=nl => OK

Only WooCommerce Core, WPML plugins & table rate shipping plugin with TwentyFifteen:
- en/checkout/ => NOK (total 0 € - no shipping options - no JS)
- checkout => all OK in Dutch

Only WooCommerce Core, WPML plugins & wishlist plugin with TwentyFifteen:
- en/wishlist/ => OK
- en/wishlist/view/?lang=en => NOK (404)
- wensenlijst/ => OK
- wensenlijst/view/?lang=nl => OK

Update upon testing & setting everything back as it was before:
wensenlijst/view/?lang=nl returns a 404 error too
while wensenlijst/ does not (similar to EN)...

April 7, 2015 at 10:50 pm #595410

Bruno

Unfortunately the "Table Rate Shipping" plugin is incompatible with WPML.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. For the plugin "Table Rate Shipping" be compatible with WPML, our team will work with the author of the plugin to make it compatible.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the theme/plugin is compatible with WPML we will notify you.

About Wishlist plugin, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

April 8, 2015 at 5:22 am #595461

Jurgen

OK thanks for finding out what is going wrong. Should that be the reason why the WooCommerce messages are not shown as it should be (color & formatting) & JS is broken too (cfr the "other shipment address" & payment description boxes that are not working either)? Just to be sure that we tackle the real reason of what is going wrong...

I will let the plugin author know about your findings. He was already in touch with you guys recently but he did not receive any instructions in the end, according to him.

April 9, 2015 at 9:17 am #596354

Jurgen

Hello,

Do you think that the other things (as mentioned in previous reaction) are caused by this incompatibility with the table rate plugin?

Any idea when you will contact the plugin author? According to him, yesterday he got a message about a bug that was not reproducible, I hope it is not about my case because that would be really strange...

April 15, 2015 at 12:15 pm #599846

Jurgen

In the mean time I set up a copy of the website with another hosting company & the issue does not appear there (even though files & DB are identical). I informed my "regular" hosting compay about this to investigate the difference. I will keep you posted on the outcome of this.

May 22, 2015 at 2:54 pm #624493

Bruno

Sorry for the delay.

Please, could you create a copy of your site using Duplicator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ )? This will allow us to locally test your website and check this problem.

Thank you.

May 22, 2015 at 3:41 pm #624535

Jurgen

Please provide the possibility to reply as a private message, as I have a dev environment where you can test. Hence I can provide you all required credentials.

May 25, 2015 at 11:06 pm #625773

Bruno

I activated the field for you to fill credentials.

Our developer needs a copy of the site to test in a local environment.

Please, we can install the Duplicator plugin to backup your site?

Thank you.

May 26, 2015 at 7:16 pm #626542

Bruno

Thank you. I created a backup copy and I sent it to our developer. Soon he will check your site.

Please do not remove the Duplicator plugin nor the backup.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Changing the language brakes functionalities, submitting tries to solve it’ is closed to new replies.