Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: What is the use of the option to change the name of a translation job

Solution: This can be helpful when you are using translation services, this contains information about all the pages/posts sent within the batch.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charleneR-2 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 8:39 pm #3223712

charleneR-2

I am trying to: I can see the option to change the name of a translation job just before I send a basket off to the translators. This makes it much easier to see what is in the job. However, I never see that name again anywhere. How is this helpful? Where is this new name used?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

February 21, 2019 at 7:02 am #3225129

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I hope you are talking about the batch name, right?

This can be helpful when you are using translation services, this contains information about all the pages/posts sent within the batch.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

February 21, 2019 at 7:17 pm #3229666

charleneR-2

Yes, I believe it is the batch name. I am not using a service. I have 3 translators who are company employees that I send translation jobs to. I never see the custom batch name as a Translation Manager, and the translators never see it. I never see it in the email notifications either. It doesn't seem to have a use. Are you saying that the only time it gets used is when using a service?

February 22, 2019 at 9:09 am #3231450

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Yes, it's used when using translation service?

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks

March 4, 2019 at 11:36 pm #3270872

charleneR-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!