This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client is asking "Can I change the theme on our website without any problems on our multilingual site?"

Solution: First of all, it is always a good idea to create a full website backup before making updates or changes.

Regarding the question, there should not be any issues when you change the theme, however, what will happen is that you might need to translate new strings that come with the new theme.

If the content that you translated already was not dependent somehow on the theme that you were using, then it should remain unaltered.

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by mariaK-15 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 1:09 pm #3798493

mardinS

Hi,

Can I change the theme on our website without any problems on our multilingual site?

We are using Shopkeeper and want to switch to Flatsome

May 13, 2019 at 2:17 pm #3799303

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, it is always a good idea to create a full website backup before making updates or changes.

Regarding your question, there should not be any issues when you change the theme, however, what will happen is that you might need to translate new strings that come with the new theme.

The content that you translated already if it was not dependent somehow on the theme that you were using, should remain unaltered.

I hope that you will find this information helpful. 🙂

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 19, 2019 at 7:43 pm #3842443

mardinS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

August 26, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4458737

mariaK-15

Hello, I am using Avada Fusion Builder, i have made some changes in theme option but has aplied only in the "English" language, see here the links, this is the default langiage, hidden link and this is a translate in "Greek" hidden link, i have changed the colors from brown to blue but it has been changed only in the default language, what do i have to do to make them work together? Thank you!