Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by saidN-2 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 10, 2022 at 8:12 pm #11436785
saidN-2

Hi,

I was looking for a possibility to display the full language name in URL instead of like mydomain.com/en.
Something like mydomain.com/en --> mydomain.com/english or mydomain.com/fa --> mydomain.com/farsi.

I looked around the "Language URL format" but seems it isn't available, so was wondering if any how I could add that?

Edit:

One more, thing I had here, since I have an RTL language, is it also possible to change the WordPress Post Editor to RTL when translating posts from English to an RTL language?

Appreciate any help or comments.

Thanks

June 11, 2022 at 5:11 pm #11440575

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Per our Support Policy, we can handle only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

We will handle the first request (changing the language code in the URL) in this ticket and for the other one (RTL-related), I created a new ticket here and you will be notified via email when there's a reply on that one, too:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-can-i-change-the-wordpress-post-editor-to-rtl-when-translating-posts-from-english-to-rtl-language/

Changing the language code is not possible (a my colleague mentioned in the ticket below) but his recommendation is a perfect workaround if you want to accomplish exactly that:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/changing-the-english-en-code-hreflang/#post-6337885

I hope that you will find this information helpful 🙂

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Mihai Apetrei

June 12, 2022 at 5:25 pm #11443431

saidN-2

Thank you for the reply. Got that, I would probably stick to what is currently available. 🙏

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.