This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 1, 2019 at 4:50 pm

artemB

Hello.
I use WMPL on my site (Multilingual CMS). The website is in two languages: in Russian and in English. English is a main language.
I translated Chauffeur Booking System for WordPress plugin as described in the develloper's documentation:
Download the file languages/chauffeur-booking-system-default.po and open it via PO files editor e.g Poedit.
Rename file based on schema: chauffeur-booking-system-CODE.po, where list of code for each language is available here: hidden link.
Translate all phrases to selected language.
Upload file to server.

WMPL didn't recognize the translation so I translated it using WMPL string translation and imported a .po file. The translation is working just fine. If the chauffeur booking form is placed on one page all booking form fields appear translated into Russian language
Like here:
hidden link
Please try step 2 of the booking form.

But if I place a Chauffeur Booking System widget on the homepage and than the users will be redirected to the step 2 to the other page some fields appear in Russian and some in English.
This is the homepage with a widget on it:
hidden link
And here the users will be redirected to the step 2

hidden link

As you see some fields appears in English, like Select, Summary, Transfer type, Selected vehicle etc. All these fields are already translated into Russian as you can see in the string translation:
hidden link

What could be the reason? Maybe something wrong with the settings in my WP panel because initially WMPL coudn't recognize the .po language files that I uploaded into this directory:

tourstor.com/wp-content/plugins/chauffeur-booking-system/languages

Please look into this as soon as possible. I added all the links to my website and FTP login data into hidden message. Please could you fix it. Thank you.

May 2, 2019 at 6:37 am #3722103

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I get redirected to the page that you mentioned, but all the strings shown are showing in translated language properly, so could you please check if the problem still exists, if yes, could you please provide a screenshot showing the strings?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 2, 2019 at 12:40 pm #3724611

artemB

This is a screenshot of a widget.
hidden link

Here as you see all is translated into Russian, in cyrillic font:
hidden link

After I press on the "Забронировать"/"Book now" button I will be redirected to the step 2 of the booking form

hidden link

2019&pickup_time=4:30&pickup_location_lat=40.7127753&pickup_location_lng=-

74.0059728&pickup_location_address=11+Centre+St,+New+York,+NY+10007,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&pickup_location_formatted_address=NYC,+%D0%9D%D1%8C%D1%8E-%D0%99%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BA,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&pickup_location_text=NYC,+%D0%9D%D1%8C%D1%8E-%D0%99%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BA,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&dropoff_location_lat=36.1699412&dropoff_location_lng=-

115.13982959999998&dropoff_location_address=160+Las+Vegas+Blvd+N,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89101,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&dropoff_location_formatted_address=Las+Vegas,+%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&dropoff_location_text=Las+Vegas,+%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0,+

%D0%A1%D0%A8%D0%90&extra_time=&transfer_type=1&duration=&return_date=&return_time=&widget_submit=1

hidden link

As you see the buttons "Select", "More", "info" appear untranslated. Even tgough I have translated them.

As I scroll a little bit down I see a lot of untranslated phrases I translated them as well.

hidden link

We go to the step 3. And see a lot of untranslated text as well

hidden link

But some phrases are translated into Russian:

hidden link

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's go directly to the booking form, without using a widget:

hidden link

Step 1 is translated

hidden link

Take a look the buttons, they also are translated:

hidden link

And here all is translated:

hidden link

And finally let's go to the step 3:

hidden link

All is perfectly translated!

So the text is partly untranslated only in case when I use a widget with a redirect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I did was folowing:

I added a Russian language file .po file into this directory:

tourstor.com/wp-content/plugins/chauffeur-booking-system/languages

This file:
hidden link

I guess this is the rught one:

chauffeur-booking-system-ru_RU.po

But WMPL couldn't load the translation file. So I did the following:

I went to Theme and Plugins:
hidden link

hidden link

As you see Chauffeur Booking System for WordPress chauffeur-booking-system string shows Zero for both

values

I went to this page. At those time the WMPL plugin could only find 350 strings of chauffeur-booking-system

plugin.

hidden link

I downloaded a .po file, translated it with .po editor and imported back using this form.
hidden link

Still I was missing some words, they were not into that file and the booking form was not completly

translated.

---- By the way that were the same words that now appears in English on the russian translation of the website. -----

So I imported a translated file from the step 1 hidden link

I imported a file using that import/export form. Now we got 675 strings translated. And in the beginning it worked. But like I told it doesn't work together with a chauffeur-booking-system widget and redirection.

I probably shouldn't have imported a translation file that way. It's where something went wrong. We still

have the problem that WMPL doesn't see the .po translation file into that directory: tourstor.com/wp-

content/plugins/chauffeur-booking-system/languages

Otherwise the completly admin background of the chauffeur-booking-system plugin would also have been translated into Russian.

May 3, 2019 at 10:40 am #3733243

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Before providing further feedback, I would need to replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging. So could you please install a plugin called duplicator and create a package on your site?

If the duplicator failed, could you please provide me a backup of your wp-content (without uploads) as well as database backup so I can replicate your site on my localhost and perform further debugging?

You can zip these files and upload to google drive later to share it with me.

Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 2:44 pm
May 6, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3748939

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I assume this is a compatibility issue, I replicated your site locally but since I am not used to using this plugin, I couldn't get further info to replicate the issue on a fresh installation.

Is there any documentation to set up this plugin on a fresh install?

Also, did you contact their plugin support once and inquired about this issue?

I have created a test site here: hidden link you can log in by clicking on the link, would you mind using the same settings here and see if the problem exists.

Please only enter demo contents here, this will help us to pinpoint if the issue is related to compatibility one.

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 4:09 pm #3760265

artemB

Hello!
This is the plugin documentation:
hidden link
In the documentation there's a discription of the installation and the translation process.
However the translation doesn't work as described.

2. I translated a .po file into Russian using a poeditor
hidden link
I guess this is the right way to name the file:

I zipped a plugin, uploaded it to wordpress and installed the plugin

2. I installed a plugin with a demo content on a test site and added a booking form to the website but the form was untranslated. WMPL COULDN'T SEE the Russian TRANSLATION

So I downloaded a .po file with the language strings using this from
hidden link

and translated it using poeditor.

After that some strings were still untranslated.
hidden link

So MY CONCLUTION IS WMPL doesn't see all the language strings of the plugin.
After that I started to translate them manually in the strings translation section of the WMPL plugin
and it worked.
As you see button "Select" is translated.
hidden link

That's ok. I could translate all the strings one by one but this strings are already translated on my website hidden link:
hidden link

and WMPL still doesn't see the translated strings. The only diffrent thing that I have done on my website was importing the whole chauffeur-booking-system-ru_RU.po using this form hidden link

Maybe this is why something went wrong?

So what should I do?
I contacted the plugin developper but he told me that this is the issue caused by WMPL plugin and that I should contact you about this issue. He advertise that his plugin is optimazed for WMPL translation. Is it?

May 7, 2019 at 4:16 pm #3760363

artemB

I only need to translate some buttons and words on that website. Like button Select, Summary, Pickup date, time etc. Please can you help me with that, maybe do it manually, looking into the code?

hidden link

And the form "contact details" on this page:

hidden link

May 8, 2019 at 11:16 am #3765887

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Are those strings that you are trying to translate are available in the .po files?

Could you please follow the below steps and share us if this helps?

1) Go to WPML->Themes & Plugin localization and check the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" checkbox
2) Once saved go below the page under "Strings in the plugins"
3) Choose the plugins and select the "Scan the plugins for strings" Button
4) Once the scanning process is finished, go to WPML->Strings translation - Search for the strings and translate them to the secondary languages. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

May 15, 2019 at 12:42 pm #3816541

artemB

Hello, Shekhar!
Thank you very much it works now. Thank you for your help!
As you see the solution was very simple.)

May 15, 2019 at 12:43 pm #3816549

artemB

All I needed was to scan the plugin for strings.

May 16, 2019 at 4:55 am #3821981

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, it was indeed simple at last. 🙂

Glad to know it worked. If you need more assistance, please feel free to open a new ticket. 🙂

Kind Regards,
Shekhar