Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 1, 2021 at 11:19 pm #9705691

melanieD-10

Tell us what you are trying to do? Trying to have the checkout page in french (as a second language of my site)

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/translating-cart-and-checkout-pages/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 19.18.14.png
Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 19.16.57.png
October 1, 2021 at 11:21 pm #9705737

melanieD-10

I cannot find the way to translate the checkout as well as the Buy button on any product

Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 19.21.24.png
October 2, 2021 at 12:55 am #9705837

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

October 15, 2021 at 9:21 pm #9800431

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

October 17, 2021 at 7:58 pm #9806157

melanieD-10

Thanks a lot Marcos - could you please enable the Private reply so I can send you a coupon code for you to be able to do the checkout without issues. Thanks

October 20, 2021 at 1:03 am #9822199

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We really appreciate if you could proceed with the migration process, it will help us to debug your website safely, change settings, disabling plugins and so on, without interfering in your live website.

Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

October 20, 2021 at 7:18 pm #9829875

melanieD-10

Thanks a lot Marcos - migration was successful thanks a lot in advance for your precious help!

October 22, 2021 at 4:29 pm #9845139

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. After some investigation in the migrated copy of your website, I noticed you didn't scan your theme and WooCommerce files where these strings are defined, I did that and I see the 'Buy' button text available for translation, also, the checkout details appear translated properly after this step. Please, try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and plugins localization click to scan the files of your child theme, woodmart theme and also from the WooCommerce plugin as well.

2 - Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation search for the desired texts and add a translation for them.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Hope it helps, have a nice day.