Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 7, 2015 at 2:27 pm #614266

juskaM

I'm in the middle of building a web shop for two languages. When making test purchases I always get redirected to the default language when going to checkout. If I switch to the secondary language (Finnish) at this point, the payment methods disappear. I've tried to figure this one out all day and my brain can't handle it anymore.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

I have numerous problems regarding redirection from the secondary language to default.

When I'm on secondary language and click the cart, it opens in the default language. Same with checkout.

Payment methods disappear when switched from default to secondary.

Screenshot 1: In default language this is what it looks like in the checkout

Screenshot 2: When I switch to secondary at this point, it looks like this - no payment methods.

I know I'm missing something obvious in the strings but I just cant figure it out.

Any pointers?

Cheers.

May 8, 2015 at 7:38 am #614739

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum .

Could you please try to check this with only WPML and Woocommerce plugins activated and with one of the default WordPress Themes , because your theme is not among our compatible themes : https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ .

Also I have noticed that you are not using "Woocommerce multilingual" plugin, It's also a WPML plugin , and it will help you a lot with translating your shop, you can find it here : https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/

Please try this and let me know if it helps .

May 8, 2015 at 8:07 am #614770

juskaM

Hey,

Amateur mistake. I actually solved the problem by making sure I have all the required plugins activated because I knew I had Woocommerce multilingual installed. It turned out not all of them were. For example "WooCommerce Gateways Country Limiter" was deactivated, this had happened some time when I migrated my site from localhost.

Shopkeeper theme is actually "built for and tested with WPML" according to their support and I can say it is true.

Thank you Ahmed!