We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikaelG-6 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 1, 2019 at 2:39 pm #3935347

mikaelG-6

Hi.
After latest update I get this error in log that seem to point to your plugin:

2019-06-01T12:59:47+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_setting() on null in /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/payment-gateways/class-wcml-currencies-payment-gateways.php:115
Stack trace:
#0 /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Currencies_Payment_Gateways->filter_gateway_description(‘Betala med PayP…’, ‘paypal’)
#1 /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘Betala med PayP…’, Array)
#2 /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-payment-gateway.php(309): apply_filters(‘woocommerce_gat…’, ‘Betala med PayP…’, ‘paypal’)
#3 /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/payment-method.php(28): WC_Payment_Gateway->get_description()
#4 /home/*****/domains/armsportbutiken i /home/armsportbu/domains/armsportbutiken.se/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/payment-gateways/class-wcml-currencies-payment-gateways.php på rad 115

Any suggestion what is causing this? And I notice problems in checkout when this happens. This seems to be triggered if the customer changes country at checkout, with the default language. It doesn’t happen on secondary languages. When this happens, the the update of checkout is spinning forever until I refresh the page. Then the country is set to the new one and everything is fine.

June 3, 2019 at 8:45 am #3940339

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

It looks like the multi-currency is not set up correctly, could you please go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual -> Multi-Currency and send us a screenshot? Also, if possible please resave the settings there once and see if that helps?

Also, you can also check if the currency you are trying to add is supported by the payment gateways (PayPal, stripe), etc.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 8:53 am #3940373

mikaelG-6

Hi.

The currency is correctly set up. The issue occured when I added US dollar, but I think the issue is because of one of my payment methods called Klarna Checkout doesn't support it. And there is no way, that I found to disable Dollar for just that Payment method. Klarna Checkout is only used for Swedish customers. For all other countries I use PayPal which supports dollar. So there really should be a setting to disable currencies for selected payment methods.

Or do you know any possibility to disable certain currencies for certain payment methods through PHP-code or some setting somewhere?

June 3, 2019 at 9:12 am #3940703

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please use the solution provided here and let me know if that helps?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-hide-checkout-method-depending-on-the-currency-choosen/#post-1273549

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 9:22 am #3940729

mikaelG-6

Hi.

But that wont help in my case. As it is now, the user cannot change currency AND the issue only happens with default language which is Swedish which has SEK as currency only currency enabled for that language. So something in WooCommerce Multilingual is trying to fetch the currencies when switching from country Sweden to any other country in checkout in default language (Swedish). It doesn't happen when switching from other countries to Sweden, only the other way around.

And Paypal is used also for SEK when customers is from other countries but using Swedish language, as there are people in Finland and Denmark that prefer Swedish instead of English. So because of that I can't disable payment methods for Swedish language or currency.

June 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3970223

mikaelG-6

Why aren't anyone responding???

June 7, 2019 at 7:27 am #3974425

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Why aren't anyone responding???

Are you talking about this ticket?

Thanks

June 7, 2019 at 7:31 am #3974493

mikaelG-6

Yes? What other ticket would it be? Your previous response wasn't helpful as it doesn't apply to my problem. And then you didn't respond any more... Really disappointed at this support. I have payed money for this plugin and support should top priority for you guys.

June 7, 2019 at 8:02 am #3974573

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

You didn't reply back so I thought you choose the custom programming work.

As I earlier mentioned, the function that you mentioned requires custom programming work, which is beyond the scope of our support. so I am sorry to let you know that I couldn't be much help here.

Did you try to contact the contractors for help?

Thanks

June 7, 2019 at 8:32 am #3974751

mikaelG-6

Are you serious???

I replied directly (10 minutes!!!) after your suggestion to add custom code and a link to that code! And then you didn't respond at all!
Can't you read? https://wpml.org/forums/topic/checkout-error-in-default-language-with-latest-update/#post-3940729

This ISN'T any custom programming, I reported an error in your plugin and I need a fix!

Are you so bad at your job that you don't check which threads you are answering? You must be answering the wrong thread, as we haven't discussed any of what you talk about. I reported an error and try to find a solution to why this error occur.
You should get fired, because this must be the worst support case ever.

July 5, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4152391

mikaelG-6

Isn't there anyone from support that is able to read that can take over this case? If so, please start reading from first reply and downwards and please get back to me, as this issue isn't resolved yet.

July 8, 2019 at 5:10 am #4159103

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am extremely sorry to hear that you feel that way.

I think you misunderstood me here, I was talking about this reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/checkout-error-in-default-language-with-latest-update/#post-3970223 where you mentioned "Why isn't anyone responding???" dated June 6, 2019.

This ISN'T any custom programming, I reported an error in your plugin and I need a fix!

But you also mentioned that the issue is happening as one of my payment methods called Klarna Checkout doesn't support it, isn't it?

So, let me re-answer all your questions here:

So there really should be a setting to disable currencies for selected payment methods.

Currently, it's not possible to disable currencies for selected payment methods, but you can define ways to automatically make a conversion before making the transaction in a supported currency.

More details here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#payment-gateways-settings

Being so, I requested you to use one of custom code available in the forum, If you wish you can request a feature request for this feature here: https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

do you know any possibility to disable certain currencies for certain payment methods through PHP-code or some setting somewhere?

Providing custom codes falls under custom code programming so I suggested you contact contractors: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

Also, you mentioned that the provided code doesn't help due to your setup, so I suggested you contact the contractors.

Let me know if you think I missed some information here, so I can debug it further? I will also create a test site and will provide info on the next private reply so please migrate the site once, so we can work on the same site.

Thanks

July 18, 2019 at 11:17 am #4237955

mikaelG-6

Don't care anymore. The support was so bad I didn't have the patience to wait. Solved this by bypassing the problem.