Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 16, 2020 at 4:50 pm #6385797

albaC

Hi,

I need to translate the fields from the checkout, I use the plugin Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce. Need to translate from spanish to english, how is that possible? Could'nt find it in strings.

Thanks,

Arnau

June 17, 2020 at 4:33 pm #6395945

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Have you tried to find those strings in WPML -> String Translation?
If you can not find them there please try the Translate texts in admin screens » section.
Please read about this section in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Regards,
Itamar.

June 18, 2020 at 7:40 am #6400275

albaC

Hi,

Please check my problem on this video:
hidden link

Thanks,

Arnau

June 21, 2020 at 10:40 am #6420381

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Arnue, and thanks for the video.

First, it is important for me to mention that the Checkout Field Editor (Checkout Manager) for WooCommerce by Themehigh is not officially compatible with WPML.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-checkout-field-editor-pro/
The same goes also for its pro version.
hidden link

However, I've just installed this plugin on my test site and I couldn't replicate this issue. On my test site, I can move those strings to the String Translation section and translate them there. Please see the attached screenshot.

There two ways that I would like to suggest solving this issue.

1. Try to add those fields from the Translate texts in admin screens » section in a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentytwenty and no plugins activated except WPML and its add-ons + WooCommerce itself without any of its add-ons except the Checkout Field Editor (Checkout Manager) for WooCommerce plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

2. According to the debug information of your site I can see that The value of MaxInputVars is currently set to 1000 on your site and it might be too low. Here is what you can try.

Please try increasing your Max Input Vars. You can do this by adding this line to your .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 50000

or by following these steps:

1. Connect to your site via FTP or File Manager
2. Navigate to wp-admin folder
3. Create a file inside the wp-admin folder called php.ini
4. Add in this line:

max_input_vars = 50000

5. Save

You can also do that in the main php.ini file of your server.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.