This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 2:41 am #3956455

valeriiaE-2

Hi,

I'm trying to translate fields in checkout page to English, but they don't switch automatically (please see the screenshot attached)
Could you please advise me how it could be done?

June 5, 2019 at 11:36 am #3959987

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I'm not sure what is behind this, because I can see that even on English language, the Russian texts are showing up. Perhaps the string language has been changed within string translation table. Therefore, can you try to following:

- WPML -> Localization options -> Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)
- (If not already activated)

After this, go to WPML -> string translation -> try finding any of the strings (make sure to have Include translations checkbox checked), enter your translation and click "Use my translation". See the image on how I did this.

Also, if default language of these strings is wrong, perhaps you may want to try changing it. See another image on how this can be done - you need to check the checkbox next to any of the strings and click "change the language of selected strings".

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Checkout fields not translated from Russian to English’ is closed to new replies.