This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cailletC 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 1:36 pm

cailletC

I am trying to: complete the checkout

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: order completed

Instead, I got: nothing happens, it keeps loading

For the record, there was another issue we solved on this thread, https://wpml.org/forums/topic/syntaxerror-unexpected-token-in-json-at-position-0-on-checkout/
By changing dynamic Css compiling method from file to database. But it created this new issue that i am reporing on this new ticket.
Please feel free to test as you wish in the link i have as it is a test version of the website

September 9, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4538763

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I connected to your site and did some basic diagnostics beginning with tempoarily deactivating the non-WPML plugins and also changing your theme temporarily to Storefront.

With this configuraiton, I was able to complete the checkout.

I then changed the theme to Avada parent and executed an order. Again, I was able to complete the transaction. No hanging.

However, when I change to your child theme, I start to have troubles. I am able to complete a transaction, but I get a 404 error on the order confirmation page...BUT..the order does get saved. No hanging.

I also see that my userid cannot access the WCML menu to check that all configuration is complete and correct: Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual

So, there are a few anomalies that you should start to correct. Once you can see and confirm that the WCML configuration is complete - correct the lack of order confirmation endpoint/page.

Then one-by-one, start to reactivate the non-WPML plugins until you find the plugin that is causing your order saving to hang.

Please write back with the name of the plugin.
Thanks!

September 12, 2019 at 8:28 am #4559253

cailletC

Hello, thank you so much for your reply, i totaly agree with you to fix all these small problems one by one. I will try to do as you said and come back as soon as possible.

Thanks again,

September 12, 2019 at 10:31 am #4560243

Yvette
Supporter

This sounds like a plan. You can keep this ticket open or, if you find a specific issue, open a new one as our policy is to limit the number of issues per ticket to 1:1.

September 18, 2019 at 11:05 am #4595469

cailletC

Hello,
Sorry for the delay, i got some news.
So as you asked, i started reactivating 1 plugin at a time and finaly found the culprit. it's WP mail smtp.
It seems that it's blocked somehow, please do not close the ticket while i figure out a solution.
I will come back to you with more news.

Thanks again,
Have a nice day

September 18, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4597287

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for the update. Keeping this ticket open...

September 19, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4607279

cailletC

Hello, i was able to pinpoint the problem, it was a firewall on the server that blocked emails sent after order validation.
I was able to fix it and reproduce everything one the production website.

Problem solved thank you so much for the support,
have a nice day