This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by valeriag-3 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 25, 2019 at 11:54 am

valeriag-3

I am trying to: test checkout page but it doesn't work

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a checkout working properly

Instead, I got: see attached

##

ps: all plugins and wp core are up to date. memory limit is 256 mb
path of backup (zip+installer): hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 9:11 am #4457035

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I have checked the issue the checkout page in English site returning 301 error on order review ajax request which might be the reason for the issue. This sounds like either your plugin or theme is conflicting with WPML, Please perform basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue.

- Backup your site and database before you proceed with the below steps
- Temporarily deactivate all non WPML plugins except WooCommerce on your site, check if the issue persists
- If the issue disappears reactivate the plugins one by one to isolate the issue.

Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

August 26, 2019 at 10:22 am #4457555

valeriag-3

Dear Raja,
i've completed the operation and i can say for your information that the following plugin is generating the conflict:

All 404 Redirect to Homepage
Version 1.16 | By Fakhri Alsadi

Checkout is now working well but the loading is still a bit slow. Do you have any suggestion to increase performance?
Thanks a lot

August 26, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4459621

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Glad you are able to figure out the conflicting plugin.

Do you see the slowness only in the checkout page? or do you see general slowness throughout the site?

August 26, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4461329

valeriag-3

Hello,
thanks for you kind assistance.
the whole web site has certain a good performance but checkout page seems a bit lazy.
Could you please check?
Thanks a lot

August 27, 2019 at 7:38 am #4463393

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I checked the checkout page again the load time seems to be okay but what makes it delay is the shipping cost calculation and order review update which is expected behavior. In addition to it, WPML requires some resources for it to function properly.

You can test the page by temporarily deactivating WPML check the load time if the difference in load time is more than 30% then I can take a deeper look into the issue in a separate thread. If the difference in load time is lesser then there is nothing much we can do here it is already optimized :). I see the load time is around 6s with WPML.

Let me know how it goes.

August 27, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4468349

valeriag-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Thanks for your help, i improved speed upgrading php version. i may have other issues and i'll open another ticket in case. best regards