This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm #3323813

hooiC

I am trying to: Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our [privacy policy].
I have read and agree to the website Terms of use and accept the [terms and conditions] of sale
the links for the privacy policy are pointing to english version. and the terms and conditions for French and German are in English though the french and german terms and conditions are translated.
the strings for both are: under woocommerce strings
Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our [privacy_policy].
I have read and agree to the website Terms of use and accept the [terms] of sale

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 13, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3332985

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you explain the issue and a workflow in more detail? Is the issue with Terms page translation - have you translated this page into other languages?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 13, 2019 at 1:11 pm #3333787

hooiC

Hi Bruno. sorry i attached the wrong screenshots. here are the correct screenshots. this text appears in the string translation like this:
Domain name: admin_texts_woocommerce_checkout_privacy_policy_text
Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our [privacy_policy].
In german, i have translated as below:
Ihre personenbezogenen Daten werden für die Bearbeitung Ihrer Bestellung, die Unterstützung Ihrer Erfahrungen auf dieser Website und für andere in unserer[privacy_policy] beschriebene Zwecke verwendet.

March 13, 2019 at 1:27 pm #3333931

hooiC

Hi Bruno, You can find this text included under Appearance-Customise-WooCommerce-Checkout. I think WooCommerce generates the text automatically with privacy_policy link. this text appears in the string. in the language site, for eg the german site how do you point it automatically to the translated privacy policy page?

March 13, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3336555

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if you tried adding direct URL to translated privacy policy within string translation (where [privacy_policy] should be), so something like:

"Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our <a href="hidden link">privacy</a>"

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 14, 2019 at 10:01 am #3342617

hooiC

<a href="hidden link">privacy</a>". what is this privacy label refering to from our website ?
please go to hidden link and hover over the private policy link. should the code be this? I am not sure what to put in ???
<a href="hidden link">???</a>

March 14, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3345325

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Instead of ???, you would put "privacy policy" there.

However, see this also:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-privacy-policy-checkout-text-cant-be-translated/page/2/#post-2238355

It may be helpful if you could provide me with wp-admin info so that I could check. However, can you check this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/bug-report-woocommerce-privacy-page-selection-is-not-translated-like-others-are/#post-2836279

I am wondering if this is the same issue we are having here? But the main idea here is that this link is different in every language, or? E.g. on the German checkout, where we have "Ihre personenbezogenen Daten werden für die Bearbeitung Ihrer Bestellung, die Unterstützung Ihrer Erfahrungen auf dieser Website und für andere in unsererDatenschutzbestimmungen beschriebene Zwecke verwendet.", it should be German privacy policy link, or? Is this page translated?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 19, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3381583

hooiC

I used your suggestion and put the url in the string and it has worked. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!