This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arnoldS-2 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4658935

arnoldS-2

I am trying to translate this page with Default language Hebrew:

hidden link

Also please look at attachment Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 21.19.55 for this page and note there is English showing instead of Hebrew;

"Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described in our"

Now please look at translated English page here;

hidden link

Also please look at attachment Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 21.20.12 for this page and note there is Hebrew showing instead of English;

I have now attached 3 Screengrabs fromWPML -> String Translation and you should be able to the issue here:

admin_texts_woocommerce_checkout_privacy_policy_text - wants to translate from Hebrew into English rather the English into Hebrew.

The same problem also appears for bacs_gateway_description

September 28, 2019 at 7:58 pm #4659159

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

It seems that the issue is happening because the strings have been interchanged in the String Translation.

Please try the below steps:

1. Navigate to WPML > String Translation & select "woocommerce_checkout_privacy_policy_text"
2. In the bottom of the strings select the option "Change the language of the selected strings" & select the English Language. (See attached screenshot)
3. Navigate to WPML > String Translation & select "bacs_gateway_description" & select the Hebrew Language.

Please let me know whether the issue is resolved by following the above steps.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 28, 2019 at 8:28 pm #4659199

arnoldS-2

Thank you I was able to use this technique to fix several strings. There still is an issue with this string. Either option; it doesn't translate.

September 30, 2019 at 6:27 am #4662485

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I can see that there are multiple strings with the same content.
I request you to translate all the strings containing that content.
Also, you can check the default language of the other strings of "bacs_gateway_title" & change the string to that language & translate the same.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rohan

October 2, 2019 at 5:16 am #4677197

arnoldS-2

Hello

All the strings containing that content where translated as shown in the screen grab.

Please advise how to "check the default language of the other strings of "bacs_gateway_title" & change the string to that language & translate the same."

thank you

October 2, 2019 at 6:36 pm #4682759

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Instructions to send private information are here: hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Also, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Thanks,
Rohan

October 2, 2019 at 8:44 pm #4683233

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I just set the default language to Hebrew & the string is now showing in the front end.
Could you please have a look: hidden link
Let me know whether it's fine now.

Thanks,
Rohan

October 3, 2019 at 4:35 am #4684633

arnoldS-2

Hello

Yours screen grab doesn't illustrate anything relevant to the issue. I have again attached a screeb grab.

October 3, 2019 at 9:31 am #4686343

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion.
The site login you have given me seems to be a subdomain of your site:
hidden link
In this site, the string is now showing correctly.
Please add a product & proceed to the checkout page & the string will be displayed properly. (Also I've attached a screenshot for your reference)

Thanks,
Rohan

October 3, 2019 at 9:37 am #4686507

arnoldS-2

May you enable a private message so I can give you credentials for the working live site to fix.

Thank you

October 3, 2019 at 9:50 am #4686569

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I've enabled the private reply.

Thanks,
Rohan

October 3, 2019 at 4:54 pm #4689915

Rohan Sadanandan