This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 5, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4521045

say-kiongs

Hi, I understand this is a common issue. I have tried the steps below from a similar post but it does not resolve my issue. Please advise.

Solution:Deactivate WPML plugin, delete it , go to https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and download a fresh version of WPML 4.0.8 and install it manually

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

September 5, 2019 at 6:45 pm #4521645

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Do you have the latest version of WPML Multilingual CMS plugin installed? The current version is (4.2.7.1) if not please update this latest version instead of 4.0.8. If it doesn't work for you, please, provide me with some FTP access and I will manually upload the missing flag for you. I will enable a private reply, so you can safely send any access details. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

September 6, 2019 at 7:49 pm #4527207

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I uploaded the missing flag to your host wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags directory and now it works as it should. Please, let me know if you need any other additional details. Have a nice day.