This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: How to change post default language

Solution: - Open the English page in the WordPress editor. - On the left side (Language bar) change the language to selected language and translate to other languages

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexL-45 7 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 1, 2019 at 8:37 am

alexL-45

Hi WPML,

I facing a problem with the chinese language translation to other english and malay language.
Currently i build my website using chinese language but my wordpress language is set to english. So when i using WPML to do translation, i realize the main language is showing "english" but my website content is "chinese". Then i try to change the language > site language to "Chinese" then try to do translation again.

When i translate to chinese to english it show this text translation is error with unknown text (image 1) while when i translate to malay language some text is change to malay but some of the text is not. (image 2)

Thank You

December 3, 2019 at 3:54 am #5057535

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML chat support. I'd be happy to help you further.

So before installing WPML, the site language was set as English, but all the contents that were added were as Chinese?

If so, can you please follow the below steps"
- Open the English page in the WordPress editor.
- On the left side (Language bar) change the language to Chinese and translate to other languages [Screenshot attached]

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

December 6, 2019 at 12:41 am #5080983

alexL-45

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!