This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 9:46 am #4050407

wenzelP

I am trying to:
Translate classes in the "Event Schedule WP Plugin"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

The translations are only working if I use the standard wordpress editor for translating the posts. If I use the quick WPML translator, the post settings for day and time are not copied.

June 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4052209

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Wenzel,

Is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the plugin, please? I want to install it on my local computer and try create some test events to check this out.

Thanks,
Radu

June 19, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4052563

wenzelP

Yes. You can download it from hidden link

While you are at it, there is a button on the event pages that is also not editable in the WPML translator. See the attached screenshot.

Wenzel

June 21, 2019 at 8:50 am #4065567

Radu
Supporter

Hey Wenzel,

I managed to replicate the issue where the schedule class value is not copied to the translation (unless you use the default WordPress editor). There's only one more thing I need some info about: can you tell me how can I create the archive page, please? I checked the documentation, the option from the Settings section but I have no clue how can I make a list of all the classes be displayed on a page. I want to check this out to report all the issue to my colleagues.

Thanks,
Radu

June 21, 2019 at 9:33 am #4065855

wenzelP

Hi Radu,

It is possible to add the Event Schedule calendar with a widget. See screenshot

Kind regards,

June 24, 2019 at 2:15 pm #4077939

Radu
Supporter

Hey Wenzel,

I made the tests and I wanted to check this once again with you so I can make sure that we encountered the same issues:
1. If you create the translation using Classic Translation Editor (the one with fields side-by-side), the schedule class values are not copied to the translation and it's not shown in the archive list either (but the translation can be seen when viewing the class and changing its language);
2. If you create the translation using the default WordPress editor everything works fine.

Also, I checked your website and I could see that you managed to translate that button text, am I right?

Thanks,
Radu

June 26, 2019 at 9:35 am #4090945

wenzelP

That sounds correct to me.

For the button, it is now translated with the default wordpress editor. Like the schedule class values, it is not able to translate this with the Classic Translation Editor from wpml.

Wenzel

June 27, 2019 at 6:24 am #4096891

Radu
Supporter

Hey Wenzel,

I just reported this to my colleagues to see what we can do about this. I'll keep you posted about the progress we're making on this.

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 8:52 am #4098087

Radu
Supporter

Hey Wenzel,

Can you edit one of the classes in English, scroll down the page to Multilingual Content Setup, press Show system fields link, and set all the fields to copy (except for _wpml_post_translation_editor_native), please? Once you did this, just press the Apply button and try to translate the class using the WPML editor. How are things working this time?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Classes in Events Scheduler plugin will not show as translated’ is closed to new replies.