Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 10:22 pm #4174619

joshuaK-9

I am trying to: switch from classic editor to advanced editor and keep translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: my translations from the classic editor in the advanced editor

Instead, I got: no translations appear and need to edit all of them

I know there is a note that says in switching from classic to advanced translations may be unusable, so what is the best, fastest, easiest way to transfer translations from classic editor to advanced editor?

July 10, 2019 at 7:48 am #4176997

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please note that for content already translated using Classic Translation Editor, you should keep using that editor. Switching to Advanced Translation Editor would mean translating that content all over again.

If you still want to use the Advanced translation editor for existing translations, please go to WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages > Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editor, select "Switch to using the Advanced Translation Editor (old translations may be unusable)" and save.

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Riffaz.