This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: ClassiPress Theme categories dropdown not working When WPML is enabled

Solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/classipress-theme-categories-dropdown-not-working-when-wpml-is-enabled/#post-3773203

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hlaingM 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 8:42 am #3732315

hlaingM

Hi,

Issue:

The "Ad Categories", The option "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" was selected for "Categories" under WPML -> Settings -> Multilingual Content Setup. However, if you see the attached image, when I put the pointer on the translation of the "Ad categories" on the header menus, no drop-down list appears.

Reply from the theme author

The dropdown is inserted through includes/views.php ~ line 688

Please let me know if you see any issue. Thank you very much.

May 3, 2019 at 8:52 am #3732385

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

I can replicate the issue on a fresh install and it seems like a compatibility issue.

I have forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply to us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their theme compatible with WPML. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 5:41 am #3773203

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I got a workaround from the compatibility team, so could you please try the workaround and let me know if this helps:

- Login to your ftp
- Go to wp-content/themes/classipress/framework/kernel/view-types.php line 310 and replace it with:

'suppress_filters' => false,

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 6:17 am #3773253

hlaingM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!