This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasF-46 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 8:33 am #2777417

thomasF-46

I am trying to:
I would like to cleanup my directory. during the development process there were a couple of pages that were set up by the theme itselfe in english and also in the german translation. now I want to clean it all to ensure the performance. and to be sure I translate the right strings.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Onli in the backend "Pages"-Page

I expected to see:
21 pages as well as I do see in the English originals.

Instead, I got:
40 Pages and lots of them are even in English

The second issue has probably to do with the first one:
I changed the featured image from the "Thomas Furter"-page and didi that also in the translator. but the image did not change in the front end. I figured that I had to change that in the German translated page manualy.
Even if I deleted this German page the translator did not work. Nor was there any possibility to get the "Thomas Furter" page back into the menue.

October 1, 2018 at 8:34 am #2777440

thomasF-46

I did a duplication on my local hard drive.

October 2, 2018 at 3:24 pm #2782041

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @thomasf-46, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

To clean the pages, please try the following:
- Go to Pages > All Pages on the default language
- Mark the checkboxes (near the title) of the pages you need to delete
- On "Bulk Options" (top of the table) select "Delete" and click on Apply
- Change the language using the Language Switcher of the tot admin bar
- Repeat the steps on the translation
- Click on "Trash"
- Click on "All" to display the pages of all languages
- Delete all pages from the trash permanently

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

All the best,
Diego

October 5, 2018 at 1:26 pm #2790910

thomasF-46

Hi Diego

Thanks for the reply.
My question was more in that direction: I do have a lot more german pages as Ido have english ones. And some of them are doubled up. I need to know if there iw a way to find out about which one of the German translated ones I can skip. Because I do need some of them. I just have no Idea which copy is the needed one.

Best
Thomas

October 5, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2791557

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

You can use the following steps to check if a page is a translation of another page:
- Go to Pages > All Pages
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- Click on the page you want to check
- Check if there is a "This is a translation of" on the right sidebar (see screenshot). If so, this page is a translation and is connected to an English page. If not, this is an independent page, and you can delete it if you want.

Unfortunately, there is no way to see on the pages screen if a page is a translation or not. So you will need to check one by one.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

October 9, 2018 at 7:14 am #2798518

thomasF-46

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!