This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matteoS-14 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 22, 2018 at 1:15 pm #2838185

matteoS-14

I am trying to install WPML Multilingual CMS on a site already built with Elementor Pro.

I expected to see: no errors

Instead, I got: hidden link

It seems that even though I click "Clear language information and repopulate language", the _icl tables remain empty.

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that I have already built my site with Elementor? The thing is that I used WPML before for other sites hosted on the same server that is why I doubt that it could be a server issue.

Thank you!

October 23, 2018 at 8:14 am #2841377

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Elementor Pro is a compatible plugin with WPML. It may be happened because of somehow few language settings data lost during the WPML configuration steps. Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not. You can try it because you are installing the WPML for the first on the site and there is no translation data.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page
2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
3) In Troubleshooting page, scroll down to the bottom of the screen to *Reset* section
4) Choose *I am about to reset all translation and language data* option
5) Click on *Reset and deactivate WPML*
6) It will clear all the WPML data and you can reinstall WPML again

We have another client who had a similar issue and it was resolved after these steps. Please check the following URL for more details.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-is-missing-some-records-in-the-languages-tables-troubleshoot-didnt-work/#post-1189836

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 23, 2018 at 8:53 am #2841601

matteoS-14

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for your assistance. I tried this solution yesterday and it didn't work, but today it did.

However, I still have another issue, before I can say my installation is complete: hidden link

I followed the steps here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-categories-showing-language-cide-after-name-and-slug/) and clicked on the blue button "Update term names", but nothing happens: hidden link

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you!

October 23, 2018 at 9:22 am #2841677

matteoS-14

After I went through the initial WPML setup, clicking on "Update term names" worked. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!