This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 7, 2019 at 8:10 pm #3978913

benjaminG-24

I am trying to: clear language information and repopulate languages

I expected to see: that WPML is ready to function properly

Instead, I got: ... the same warning message again: "WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem. This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed."

... so, regrettably, I'm going in circles.

Please help me fix it.

DEBUG INFO:

(your box below refused to accept this info and told me it was 'incorrect' --- I don't know what that means or how to change the info format ... ??)

SELECT wpml_translations.translation_id, wpml_translations.element_id, wpml_translations.language_code, wpml_translations.source_language_code, wpml_translations.trid, wpml_translations.element_type
FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
ON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type)
JOIN wp_icl_translations tridt
ON tridt.element_type = wpml_translations.element_type
AND tridt.trid = wpml_translations.trid
WHERE tridt.trid = (SELECT trid FROM wp_icl_translations wpml_translations
JOIN wp_posts p
ON wpml_translations.element_id = p.ID
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', p.post_type) WHERE element_id = 14096 LIMIT 1)
Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

June 7, 2019 at 10:07 pm #3979159

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience.

I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

IMPORTANT: Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyNineteen.

Now clear language information and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't please proceed below:

Make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] clear language information and repopulate languages’ is closed to new replies.