This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 11:52 pm

stephanieK-9

I am trying to: Translate "How can I help you" (mobile only!) - String: wp-whatsapp-chat

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: "WhatsAppChat starten"

Instead, I got: English version

I tried to follow these tipps, but I don't understand 2) at all sadly. Maybe you can help me?

My best and thank you
Jakob

SUPPORT FORUM WPML:

1) Copy the following code in WPML->Translation Management -> Custom XML configuration

<wpml-config> 
<admin-texts>
<key name="ccw_options">
<key name="input_placeholder" /> 
</key> 
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

2) Once you place the code there, go to WPML->Translation Management -> Multilingual content setup and refresh the page.

To find out more, https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Once you have created language configuration files you need to go to WPML->String Translation and search the strings that you have inserted in the theme options and translate it for the secondary languages.

May 3, 2019 at 4:14 am #3730687

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

To translate the button text 'How can I help you?' Please try the following steps.

-go to WPML > String Translation.
-scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »".
-search for 'qlwapp'.
-Under it find 'button'. Tick the 'text' checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table.
-Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there. Translate the string completely and save.

I have attached an image for your reference.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 11:26 am #3733775

stephanieK-9

dear Dennis

thank you for your awesome FAQ.

I went through every step, but this string doesn't appear after "apply" under "string translation".

There is already a string translated but it doesn't show up front end. ( don't know if it is the same)

if you could log-in please for further assistance please, I'd really appreciate.

thank you
jakob

May 6, 2019 at 1:19 am #3744167

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have translated your custom XML configuration to include this snippet:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="qlwapp">
      <key name="button">
        <key name="text"/>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

And, I also translated the string in String Translation. It seems to work now. Could you please confirm if it also works at your end?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis