Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amber Martin 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Amber Martin.

Author Posts
October 1, 2014 at 7:33 am #483227

Dimitri

Hi,

I've used Wpml on a WordPress Network installation. I've translated the strings of a blog then I've used NS Cloner plugin in order to create different blogs with the same theme.

I've noticed that the strings translations are not present into the cloned blogs.

This is the answer of the NS Cloner author:

It depends on how WPML stores it's settings. The most likely reason is if it stores the settings on the master site. You have to clone the master site (ID=1) in order to get those settings. The Cloner will only clone the database data for the site you are cloning.

I think we've tested WPML before and it will work, but you have to configure WPML settings for the site you are going to clone and then clone it. You can't configure the master site (ID=1), then clone a subsite (like ID=5), and have the settings from the master be on the clone. For example, you should configure site ID 5 with the settings you want and then clone that.

But there's also the possibility that WPML only stores all settings at the global / network level. If that is the case, it will not be Cloner-friendly.

Could you give me some hints in order to solve this problem?

Thank you

October 1, 2014 at 5:38 pm #483873

Amber Martin

The author will need to adapt his plugin to work with the WPML. If he will not work with this we can direct a certified WPML contractor to help. https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

The topic ‘[Closed] Cloning Wpml strings translations into a WordPress Network environment’ is closed to new replies.