Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4164053

francisS-9

See: hidden link

When you click see more, this text in the list was created with a code block in Oxygen builder.

<ul class="fa-ul list-text-general">
<li class="generallist"><span class="fa-li"><i class="fa fa-check-square fa-2x blueicon"></span> <span class="blue strong">Book Early.</span> The earlier you book your ferry to Marseille, the more money you can save. Keep an eye out when timetables are released for the next year
<li class="generallist"><span class="fa-li"><i class="fa fa-check-square fa-2x blueicon"></span><span class="blue strong">Compare all the ferry companies and routes.</span> Don't worry, we do this for you. You just have to choose your preferred route and we'll do the rest
<li class="generallist"><span class="fa-li"><i class="fa fa-check-square fa-2x blueicon"></span><span class="blue strong"> Travel early in the morning or late at night.</span> Choosing unpopular sailing times on routes from Corsica to France, can be chepear
<li class="generallist"><span class="fa-li"><i class="fa fa-check-square fa-2x blueicon"></span><span class="blue strong"> Consider an inside cabin.</span> If you just want to sleep and don't care about the view, an inside cabin is always cheaper

However, this text is not picked up to translate.

I have tried using a custom XML like this:

<wpml-config>
<shortcodes>
<shortcode>
<tag>fa-ul list-text-general</tag>
<attributes>
<attribute>content</attribute>
</attributes>
</shortcode>
</shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

But this does not work. Do you know what format of xml file I can use to translate the given text. i have text in similar lists on 100 or so pages so it would be useful if WPML could help.

Thank you.

July 9, 2019 at 12:20 am #4166295

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

When I access the link you posted, I see that the content you posted appears to be translated correctly. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

translated-content.png
July 9, 2019 at 6:32 am #4167747

francisS-9

I'm trying to translate from English to French. Why would I give you a page if it is already translated?

Can I please request that another member of the support team look at this. Maybe someone who has experience with the xml config files or with a greater understanding of English. My question is very clear. Thank you for your understanding.

July 10, 2019 at 7:33 pm #4184177

Bruno

Unfortunately, your question is not so clear. Accessing both languages (English and French), the code snippet you posted above is translated. I'll attach another image for you to see.

That is, you say that the content does not appear for translation (However, this text is not picked up to translate.), but the content is translated.

If I still have not understood your question I would ask you to elaborate even more so that, if necessary, I can forward the ticket to another supporter.

content.png
July 11, 2019 at 5:52 am #4186197

francisS-9

I did this manually. You do know that is possible, right? I have 100 other pages like this and I want to avoid (now and in future) having to do each page manually. Just like I have to do with alt tags (wpml can't do this and links to content - wpml can't do this either) in fact wpml can't do anything pretty much. The only thing it can do is remember strings (and the way it does this is buggy and flawed - and there is other better / cheaper software). Terrible software based on false promises. Worst support I have ever experienced.

Anyway, to be clear manually means means I do the translation. The text IS NOT PICKED UP - and then I open the file for editing and change the text from English to French manually.

I hope that is 100% clear. But I'm guessing probably not?! Lol. Can you from now on make the presumption that I am not stupid or pass this on to someone for whom that comes naturally? Or even if you think there is a mistake say "Are you sure it wasn't picked up? I can see it? But let's assume you are right, you can try this..." - this approach would not have wasted THREE days. Because of course chat is never available. One of the many lies from your company 🙂

To be clear again, I found on your forum someone making an xml file to cover rich text in Oxygen builder. I have a code block (not rich text). What xml file (if any) can I use to cover this?

THIS is the question. Can you or better someone else (doubt it would help but who knows) try to actually focus on my question. I would be shocked if you found an answer (like I say your software and support is rubbish - I've met nobody with experience of your software that says it was not a nightmare).

Thanks.

July 11, 2019 at 6:29 am #4186345

francisS-9

The code created in the code block is the code I wrote in my first question. Just trying to anticipate any questions that will cause another whole day to be wasted 🙂

July 16, 2019 at 4:58 am #4216241

Bruno

First of all, thank you for the explanation. I now understood what you were reporting.

I've tested Oxygen Page Builder but it seems like this part of adding code is not translatable. From what I could observe any code block is synchronized because Oxygen saves this content as encoded (base64).

For this reason, anything used inside a code block is not translatable but rather synchronized between languages - unless the content is edited manually.

As this seems like a compatibility issue, I'm going to escalate your ticket to our compatibility team.

Please note that at this time we do not have a workaround for this. The best option is the manual translation, in the same way as you are doing now.

If our compatibility team creates some workaround, I'll keep it updated.

Thank you.

July 31, 2020 at 1:10 pm #6715879

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

In order to translate this, you need to use the manual translation method for the pages that include the code block.
We are closing the ticket but if you have any other issue you need help with, please open a new ticket.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Code in code block from oxygen builder. Can I use an xml?’ is closed to new replies.