This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by timothy-ryank 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 4:21 am

timothy-ryank

I am trying to: display the number of comments on the divi blog module

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: There are 4 approved comments, but only two are showing. I found out that the language id of the comment is set to "en", but the comment was posted on an article which has language "th".

September 28, 2018 at 2:59 am #2772417

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

This seems unusual, I added a comment on the following post
hidden link andI can see that it's not working.

Could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons and try to add a new comment and let me know if that helps:

+ Set Language information
+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Fix element types collation
+ Assign translation status to the duplicated content

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 28, 2018 at 5:21 am #2772533

timothy-ryank

Hi,

I did as you suggested, but nothing changed. For me to view the comments, i have to select all languages in the backend.

Also take note that the page and comment in question is only in the secondary language which is TH. I don't have content for this in English.

The primary language is English.

September 28, 2018 at 12:10 pm #2773685

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

October 4, 2018 at 9:39 am #2787023

timothy-ryank

I already disabled all non-wpml related plugins and use twenty-seventeen. Still same problem.
I created a test site here hidden link

--- link to page with comments ---
hidden link

here's the debug log.

hidden link

October 5, 2018 at 4:53 am #2789562

timothy-ryank

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!