Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4415777

danielF-60

I use wpml-compatible events calendar (modern tribe). Setting of the event(post) is set to 'Events' appear as translated - when I write a comment on the German page, it doesn't show the comment on the French version.
Furthermore, how do I translate the content? I cannot find it in the string-translations.

August 19, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4417167

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

Could you please provide me more details on the comment issue?
Are you saying that when you comment on German event it does not get displayed on French event when set as "display as translated"?

To translate the events you don't need to find content in String Translation you can translate them just like other post/pages. Please follow this detailed guide https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/ and let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks

August 19, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4417287

danielF-60

Hi & thanks for your help.

I changed to "translatable" and entered the french text. The problem which remains is, that I cannot see the written comments from German event page on the French event page. Please have a look at the attachments.

August 20, 2019 at 11:37 am #4423167

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

I am sorry we don't support this feature. Comment added to one language post is not displayed to translated post.
This is actually good as comments are added by users not the author of the post so a German reader will add a comment in German language and a French reader will add a comment in the French language.

Still, if you would like to merge comments you can consider this plugin hidden link
please note this is not the official plugin from WPML it is a plugin developed and maintained by WPML users.

NOTE: Please make a complete backup of site files and database (Just a good practice).

Thanks