This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 3:59 pm

richardV-11

I am trying to: Register WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a page to enter the code

Instead, I got: Blank page

I'll tried also an issue mentioned in the support. but didn't resolves the problem.
*(see issue #2593079 or attachment),

October 18, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2828864

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I couldn't check the issue because the credentials do not allow me to access the backend. Can you change the role of the user you've provided to "administrator"? Also, the duplicator package is not complete. It just has the installer.php file and the WPML plugin folder.

It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Kind regards,

Otto

October 18, 2018 at 5:12 pm #2828985

richardV-11

Hello tto,
Your role status in changed, sorry about that!!

Duplicator:
hidden link

Debugs are "true" now, but i can't find any debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory. Because there is no directory in / wp-content /

Regards
Richard

October 18, 2018 at 6:43 pm #2829231

Otto
Supporter

Hello Richard,

Thanks!

The duplicator package is still incomplete, just the DB.

But don't worry.

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.

To do the migration I will install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator. You can remove it after, of course.

More information:
hidden link

Let me know if this is fine, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

***The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.***

***The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records. ***
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

October 18, 2018 at 7:37 pm #2829399

richardV-11

Sounds good Otto,
Install the plug-in and do the migration.

Best,
Richard

October 18, 2018 at 9:10 pm #2829644

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you.

I am migrating the site.

I will get back to you as soon as I have news related to this issue.

Kind regards,

Otto

October 19, 2018 at 1:01 pm #2832146

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

It seems to be working now, can you please check it? I haven't done anything on your site, so it looks like it was a temporary communication problem.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

October 19, 2018 at 1:37 pm #2832247

richardV-11

Hello Otto,

Great i've checked, and it looks like it is working right now!
Thank you very much and have a great day.

Cheers.
Richard

October 19, 2018 at 1:41 pm #2832254

Otto
Supporter

Thanks!

You too 🙂

I am closing the ticket. If you have any other question or issues, please open a new one.

Kind regards,

Otto