This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 14, 2019 at 10:55 am #3198939

Mkmedia

Hi,
I’m having some trouble updating plugins on our clients website. The website uses WooCommerce and WPML with some other plugins for extended functionality.

The problem appears when I select a swatch attribute on a bundle product page and then click on add to cart and then goes to checkout. Then the swatch I selected for the product will not show on the nether the cart page or checkout. This issue only appears on translated pages.

I’ve had to downgrade the plugins again for it to work. Do you know if it’s a known error with these plugins combined or what the issue I experience is caused by?

Also the shop page went blank with no products for a while but now they are back again… do you have any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

The plugins in use are:
WooCommerce
WPML
WooCommerce Multilingual
WooCommerce Product Bundles Premium
WooCommerce Variation Swatches and Photos

February 14, 2019 at 7:12 pm #3201525

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

We had a few known issue with WPML 4.2 and WooCommerce Multilingual 4.4. But those errors are fixed in the latest version of WPML(4.2.1) and WooCommerce Multilingual(4.4.2.1). Please check the following post for more details.

https://wpml.org/2019/02/wpml-4-2-1-with-stability-improvements-and-bug-fixes/?

You had the issues after upgrading to WPML 4.2.1 series? Which version of WPML you are using now?

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 21, 2019 at 4:42 pm #3228880

Mkmedia

Hi Bigul,
Thanks for your reply!

The same issue still occurs when I upgrade til WPML 4.2.1. The version that is working is 4.0.7.

I’ve submitted the debug information. Thanks again!

The topic ‘[Closed] Compability between WooCommerce and WPML plugins’ is closed to new replies.