This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 6, 2020 at 8:16 pm #5851783

ladislavK

Hello
as you can see we are missing some part of theme.. there are supposed to be displaye the three latest articals from news category.
based on further investigation i found out when i switched off sitepress-multilingual-cms plugin. everything start to work.. of course.. i lost translations then.. eg of widgets on site and so on
i tried disable this plugin and copy fresh download from your side and enable it again .. just in case some file is corrupted but it didnt help

could you please advise? site is heavily used because there is running registration for new kosice marathon.

thanks a lot for help
br

zuzka

April 7, 2020 at 7:13 pm #5860591

ladislavK

please advice

April 8, 2020 at 3:23 am #5862003

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

I am not aware of any current issues or bugs that would cause this behavior.

Your theme itself is compatible with WPML but has not been tested recently.

To be able to better see what is causing this issue I would like to take a closer look

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 8, 2020 at 8:13 pm #5869763

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

Please go to Pages->Edit your home page and scroll down to Page Options-> Featured Style and set it to Style B, this will change the header display.

April 9, 2020 at 5:32 am #5871803

ladislavK

but it means to change design.. little bit but change.
it is not a fix of the issue. it is just kind of work around

April 9, 2020 at 6:53 am #5872297

ladislavK

i just checked it.. it is really big difference not only small ones.. this solution is not acceptable at all+customer complain a lot.
we need to find why if we disable your plugin it works and if we enable it. it doesnt.. it is really bug

April 10, 2020 at 1:24 am #5880007

Bobby
Supporter

The difference that I see when I disable the plugin is the missing images as you have showed in your original image.

Is that the only difference?

To figure out why it's different I would first need to know how you add these images in the default language.

April 10, 2020 at 6:02 am #5881285

ladislavK

hello, exact mechanism is hard to tell for me, i am not developer of theme, but i can tell you where it is set up
apprearence - theme settings - slider and featured- right side post grid.

it shows the 3 latest articles... opposite to slider on the left.. it shows articles marked as "featured"

April 11, 2020 at 1:38 am #5886761

Bobby
Supporter

This is happening because there are no posts set to "Featured".

The description of the feature says :

The right side posts grid consists of 3 blocks and shows the last 3 of the 8 posts marked as featured. It is an optional setting and does not apply to category sliders. It only applies to the homepage slider. This only applies to Default Slider!

Therefore please make sure that you have selected a few posts as featured.

If I go to a post for example and assign it as featured it will show as expected, maybe because it is adding more to the "Featured".

This is what is happening when you deactivated WPML it shows because there are more featured articles, if you notice it is showing the articles duplicated since WPML is deactivated.

Try it and let me know your results , please.

April 11, 2020 at 8:42 am #5888259

ladislavK

it is valid for the post on the left.. there are posts as you could see . and if you check them, they are marked as featured.

i ve been working with it for several years.. it worked up to now.. no changes were made to wordpress or tempalte.. just update of plugins.

and really on the right there are supposed to be the latest articles.. from all categories.

br
zuzka

April 13, 2020 at 8:49 pm #5898845

Bobby
Supporter

When you deactivate WPML , the posts that show up are the same posts, which points me to believe that its only showing as I said because there are more featured posts available.

[When you deactivate WPML it only shows because its showing the translated posts as now WPML is deactivated and they are showing under one language, if we were to delete these translations of the featured posts even without WPML, the slider would have an empty right side]

What are your results when you follow my instructions in my previous thread reply, this is most likely happening because of a misconfiguration.

The layout says that it will show the "the last 3 of the 8 posts marked as featured" and not all latest posts just the featured ones.

The topic ‘[Closed] compatibility’ is closed to new replies.