This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4044067

nicolasR-3

Tell us what you are trying to do? Show Next and Previous Month link below the calendar

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes, I have been though The Event Calendar support and the problem is with WPML.

I have read this thread and tried every solution possible and nothing worked. (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-events-calendar-2/)

Is there a similar example that we can see?

See images attached. The image 1 (1317170-calendar_in_english.jpg) show what I want to see and image 2 (wpmleventcalendarissue.png) is the site right now. I have tried every troubleshooting steps nothing works.

Please note that the site is under development so there is a gate with a password for security reason.

Thank you for your support

June 18, 2019 at 9:27 pm #4046489

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The Event Calender Plugin has been tested with WPML and should be compatible. Could you please have a detailed look at the following documentation and let me know if you followed the exact steps in order to translate the content?

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/

Also, please make sure that all plugins are up-to-date. Plugins for WPML and its add-ons can be found at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> "Search for updates".

To help you faster, I've enabled a private message for submitting the debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 20, 2019 at 12:42 am #4055455

nicolasR-3

This is the code of the live site since the other site in dev has been deleted.

June 20, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4061715

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The provided debug information shows that Multilingual CMS and its add ons are not updated.

Plugins for WPML and its add-ons can be found at Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> "Search for updates".
Then update and activate the latest plugin versions.

Could you please increase your WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 1000M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means,
with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

If this will not solve the issue procced as followed:

Disable any additional plugin but Events Calender and WPML and its add-ons.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 21, 2019 at 8:54 pm #4069161

nicolasR-3

Hi,

Please note that I updated the plugins also tried to change the WP Memory Limit even if I'm a pretty sure there is no link between my problem and the memory limit.

I have tried the event calendar many times and never experience the previous and next month link not showing.

The solution point to WPML.

Please be aware that I also tried to add the following code in functions.php which worked before. I am using Divi theme, the event calendar and wpml.

if ( class_exists( 'Tribe__Events__Main' ) ) {
class ContinualMonthViewPagination {
function __construct() {
add_filter( 'tribe_events_the_next_month_link', array( $this, 'next_month' ), 0 );
add_filter( 'tribe_events_the_previous_month_link', array( $this, 'previous_month' ), 0 );
}

public function next_month() {
$url = tribe_get_next_month_link();
$text = tribe_get_next_month_text();
$date = Tribe__Events__Main::instance()->nextMonth( tribe_get_month_view_date() );
return '<a data-month="' . $date . '" href="' . $url . '" rel="next">' . $text . ' <span>»</span></a>';
}

function previous_month() {
$url = tribe_get_previous_month_link();
$text = tribe_get_previous_month_text();
$date = Tribe__Events__Main::instance()->previousMonth( tribe_get_month_view_date() );
return '<a data-month="' . $date . '" href="' . $url . '" rel="prev"><span>«</span> ' . $text . ' </a>';
}
}
new ContinualMonthViewPagination;
}

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Thank you.

June 22, 2019 at 12:21 am #4069527

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Do I understand right, that the month selection used to work correctly and you modifed the functions.php file after the plugin did not behave proper anymore?

Could you please recreate the issue on the following test site in order to escalate the issue to our compatiblity team?

Make sure to install the Divi Theme, The Event calender Plugin and any additonal plugin that might be necessary to recreate the issue (Example: The Events Calendar Extension: Divi Compatibility).

One Click Login: hidden link

Please do not modfiy and theme files, we need the default version in order to make sure that the plugin is compatiblem as it might be necessary to reach out the plugin author's in order to apply fixes.

Leave me short notification once the site is ready.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Compatibility issue between the event calendar and WPML’ is closed to new replies.