This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 8, 2017 at 2:50 pm #1294162

patrickT-6

Hey guys. The problem i'm facing currently is related to post_id collision in multisite, which is causing your String translation permalink cache (and maybe other caches you may have anywhere else) to return the wrong data.

The issue arise when doing a blog switch in multisite, and attempting to get the permalink of a post id that's already been cached by the WPML_Slug_Translation class...

eg:
```
// lets assume blog is 2 at this point
get_permalink(1); // hidden link
switch_to_blog(5);
get_permalink(1); // returns the same as before when it should return hidden link
```

I think improving the caching on the string translation plugin to support multisite would be great. Or at least having a way to clear this cache from outside the plugin.

Thanks

PS: I don't think the debug information is required for this error, as I specifically identified the issue.

June 9, 2017 at 8:17 am #1294711

Joanna

Hello @patrickt-6,

Thank you for sharing your findings. I'll try to replicate the issue and let our Developers know about it.

June 9, 2017 at 5:13 pm #1295263

Joanna

Hello @patrickt-6,

Our 2nd tier is checking it. I'll let you know when I have any feedback from them.

June 13, 2017 at 9:05 pm #1297733

patrickT-6

Hey Joanna. Thanks for looking into this. Any updates for me?

Thanks again.

June 14, 2017 at 10:56 pm #1298668

Joanna

Hello @patrickt-6,

We tried to replicate the issue on a clean installation but we couldn't.
In this case, we would like to check your installation to see what may be the culprit of the issue.

I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP. It will help me debug the issue and find the solution. You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be private.

June 16, 2017 at 3:19 pm #1299960

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello.

Joanna is not available today and so your ticket was passed to me. I have read the messages and can see that you clearly define the problem and the way to replicate it. You also have provided a test environment for us to study this in detail.

THANK YOU!

This is very helpful. I´ve gone ahead and directly escalted this to our 2nd tier support group so they can review it with our development team. They will contact you directly with any further queistons/issues.

Kind regards

May 10, 2018 at 8:16 am #2067274

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I think this issue was resolved with the last release of String Translations. If you are still encountering a problem, please open a new thread on our forum and reference this one.

Thanks