We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 6:29 am #4297149

jean-paulD-6

Wpml conflicts with buddyboss platform plugin and your plugin is redirecting the "my forums" link to the main "forum" page.
When hovering over the forum menu, the link appears fine but it redirects to hidden link

Please refer to the screenshot.
hidden link
hidden link

July 29, 2019 at 10:00 am #4298523

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

It seems like that Buddyboss is not among our compatible plugins list, so the support may be limited:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=Buddyboss&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Therefore, can you tell me if there is a way I test this on your site (since BB is not free)? For example by having WordPress credentials or even better, a duplicator package so that I can send this to our compatibility team for further checking?

In order to debug this issue , can you install Duplicator plugin and create package so that I can try this on my localhost and possibly escalate further to 2nd tier?

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me know if this is OK with you.

If yes, I will need WordPress admin username and password so I could download those packages. I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 29, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4300237

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for setting it all up - I have tried testing this with WPML deactivated and I see that in that case, it would take you to hidden link, which is then the correct URL.

Since we have no tickets related to BuddyBoss in our whole archives, I had nothing else but to send this case to our compatibility team for further inspections.

I will get back to you as soon as I get some information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 1, 2019 at 11:33 am #4321155

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask you to try the following:

- Into functions.php of your child theme, add the following:

add_filter( 'parse_query', 'buddyboss_wpml_fix_redirection' , 5 );

function buddyboss_wpml_fix_redirection ($q) {
	if ( bp_current_component() == 'forums' && bp_current_action() == 'topics' ) {
	    if ( isset( bp_core_get_directory_pages()->members->id ) ) {
		$q->set( 'page_id', bp_core_get_directory_pages()->members->id );
	    }
	}
}

It worked on my localhost installation, while our compatibility team also confirmed this to be working.

Please try and let me know!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 2, 2019 at 5:39 am #4326893

jean-paulD-6

Hi Bruno,

Yes this code is working for me and i have Modified above code for another pages also:-

add_filter( 'parse_query', 'buddyboss_wpml_fix_redirection' , 5 );

function buddyboss_wpml_fix_redirection ($q) {
if ( bp_current_component() == 'forums' && bp_current_action() == 'topics' || bp_current_component() == 'photos' && bp_current_action() == 'my-media' || bp_current_component() == 'affiliate-area' && bp_current_action() == 'affiliate-area') {
if ( isset( bp_core_get_directory_pages()->members->id ) ) {
$q->set( 'page_id', bp_core_get_directory_pages()->members->id );
}
}
}

It is working fine for forums and photos page but in affiliate page I have found one changes like "When we visit the affiliate-area page" it is open in profile section but it is not showing the "Affiliate-area" as a menu of profile bar. As you check the Profile Page then it is showing the "Affiliate-area" in menu list.

Can you please check why this is not working for this.

On forum/photos page:-
hidden link

On Affiliate page:-
hidden link

Thanks.

August 2, 2019 at 6:50 am #4327275

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for an update - I sent this to our compatibility team for further investigations!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 5:39 am #4378463

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

As far as I can see, the Photos and Affiliate links in the profile are working fine without the workaround. I tested with the minimal setup needed to see the issue.

Regarding the Affiliate-area, you need to add AffiliateWP and AffiliateWP-BuddyPress Pro plugins. And it also works as expected (no redirection).

To see the menu list of the second screenshot, you need to activate the BuddyPressPro theme. And also, it works the same way with and without the suggested workaround. I tested with the parent theme, the child theme throws an error so maybe the issue is there.

Regards,
Bruno Kos