Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 5, 2016 at 3:17 pm #876168

Ashley

I am trying to: Use Blog Manager with WPML
Noted as compatible: https://wpml.org/plugin/blog-manager

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: On Portuguese version of Home page, near the bottom (grid list of Posts above footer and carousel) expect to see more Posts loaded when I click Load More.

Instead, I got: "No More Posts Found"

Steps to duplicate the issue: Click the Load More link on Portuguese version of Home page, see no additional Posts are listed.

Additional Notes: All plugins are up to date. There are Portuguese translations of each of the Posts that appear in the English version. You can verify this by going to each of the Posts on the live site and clicking on the "This post is also available in: Portuguese (Brazil)" link at the bottom of each Post.

-- Important details from Blog Manager plugin support (Stoyan) --

There some issues with the plugin that translates.

First it does not get the right labels:

/* <![CDATA[ */
var otw_bm_js_labels = {"otw_bm_loading_text":"Loading posts...","otw_bm_no_more_posts_text":"No More Posts Found"};
var socialShareURL = "http:\/\/livingaurora.com\/main\/wp-admin\/admin-ajax.php?action=social_share&nonce=2d4f9b67df";
/* ]]> */

Second: Our query is being changed for both languages but for both it is applied EN: language_code = 'en' This is something that the translation plugin takes care of.
Here are both queries

English:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships
ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id) JOIN wp_icl_translations t
ON wp_posts.ID = t.element_id AND t.element_type = CONCAT('post_', wp_posts.post_type)
WHERE 1=1
AND wp_posts.ID NOT IN (1179,1083,1111,1046,1001,979) AND (
wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,52,100,102)
) AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND ((wp_posts.post_status = 'publish')) AND
( ( t.language_code = 'en' AND wp_posts.post_type IN ('post','page','attachment' ) ) OR wp_posts.post_type NOT IN ('post','page','attachment' ) ) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 12, 12

Portuguese:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships
ON wp_posts.ID = t.element_id AND t.element_type = CONCAT('post_', wp_posts.post_type)
WHERE 1=1 AND (
wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,51,97,101)
( ( t.language_code = 'en' AND wp_posts.post_type IN ('post','page','attachment' ) ) OR wp_posts.post_type NOT IN ('post','page','attachment' ) ) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 12, 12

------------------------------------

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!
Christi

May 5, 2016 at 10:59 pm #876429

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and additional information

i was able to replicate the issue on your page following your steps

please test this:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

also , turn on your WordPress debug.
From this page:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

Kind Regards,
Bobby

May 6, 2016 at 10:22 pm #877232

Ashley

Hi Bobby,

We tried all of those steps, and the issue occurs regardless of the theme, and when all other plugins other than WPML plugins and Blog Manager are enabled. No errors are logged, so I do not have an error log to give you.

Please review the information I provided from Blog Manager support, as follows:

-- Important details from Blog Manager plugin support (Stoyan) --

There some issues with the plugin that translates.

First it does not get the right labels:

/* <![CDATA[ */
var otw_bm_js_labels = {"otw_bm_loading_text":"Loading posts...","otw_bm_no_more_posts_text":"No More Posts Found"};
var socialShareURL = "http:\/\/livingaurora.com\/main\/wp-admin\/admin-ajax.php?action=social_share&nonce=2d4f9b67df";
/* ]]> */

Second: Our query is being changed for both languages but for both it is applied EN: language_code = 'en' This is something that the translation plugin takes care of.
Here are both queries

English:

WHERE 1=1
AND wp_posts.ID NOT IN (1179,1083,1111,1046,1001,979) AND (
wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,8,9,10,11,52,100,102)

Portuguese:

WHERE 1=1 AND (
wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,51,97,101)

Thanks!
Christi

May 9, 2016 at 4:04 pm #878480

Bobby
Supporter

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 11, 2016 at 2:35 am #879737

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

May i kindly ask you to please walk me through step by step on how you set up the images on the front page?

When i try to load the posts i get this error isotope.pkgd.min.js?ver=2.2.0:11 cannot call methods on isotope prior to initialization; attempted to call 'layout'r @ isotope.pkgd.min.js?ver=2.2.0:11t.fn.(anonymous function) @ isotope.pkgd.min.js?ver=2.2.0:11(anonymous function) @ script.js?ver=4.5.2:704delayed @ script.js?ver=4.5.2:681

May 12, 2016 at 9:01 pm #881545

Ashley

The Home page is created with lists in the Blog Manager plugin. Those lists call in the images. In our custom theme, we called the lists in with the do_shortcode function. Example:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[otw-bm-list id="5"]'); ?>

We also tested this with a default theme, and added the shortcode to the Home page; same results, Load More just doesn't work in Portuguese.

Thanks,
Christi

May 13, 2016 at 11:58 pm #882498

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information,

I escalated this thread to our 2nd tier support and they will take a look at this issue.

You will be notified as soon as new information is available.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 19, 2016 at 3:06 pm #886318

Ashley

Hello,

Please advise if there is an update on this issue.

Thanks,
Christi

May 25, 2016 at 3:52 pm #890329

Ashley

Hello,

Second request for status update. Please advise if there is an update on this issue.

Thanks,
Christi

May 27, 2016 at 3:58 pm #891861

Bobby
Supporter

Christi our developers are currently working on this issue to debug it and resolve it, you will be informed as soon as some new information is available

Thank you for your patience

June 3, 2016 at 1:58 pm #896974

Ashley

Hello,

Has there been any progress on resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Christi

June 7, 2016 at 4:35 pm #900207

Ashley

Hello,

Please advise if there is an update on this issue. We are deeply disappointed in not receiving responses to our requests for status updates. If this is the support we can expect from your company, then we will have no choice but to look for other options for our customers; and no longer recommend your plugin.

Sincerely,
Christi

June 7, 2016 at 4:48 pm #900215

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Christi,

Again i apologize for any incovenience this might have been causing you ,

This is a compatibility issue with a 3rd party plugin and WPML and not solely on how WPML works. Our developers are still working on this issue , i have updated them though again that you are in a hurry to get this resolved.

Again apologies for any incovenience

Kind Regards,
Bobby

June 8, 2016 at 3:06 pm #901871

Ashley

Hi Bobby,

Has anyone reviewed the details provided by the other plugin developer regarding WPML not getting the right labels and that WPML is changing the query of the other plugin?

Thanks,
Christi

June 8, 2016 at 4:07 pm #901997

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Christi,

Yes all comments have been reviewed and there is communication with the plugin Author at the moment this has been escalated to developers

The topic ‘[Closed] Compatibility with Blog Manager load more link’ is closed to new replies.