This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 8:24 am #4010465

gregS-6

I am trying to:Edit the Yoast SEO snippet on a CoolTimelines Story.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:Admin

I expected to see:To be able to edit the SEO snippet

Instead, I got:The panel for the SEO snippet is deleted.

Latest version of WordPress and all plugins. Yoast SEO snippets panel for a timeline story disappears on hover.
When editing a timeline post, I want to update the Yoast SEO snippet. The snippet panel displays correctly when scrolling down the page. However, when you hover the cursor over the snippet, the panel contents becomes hidden. The entire contents of the following div are deleted on cursor hover:

<div id=”wpseo-metabox-root” class=”wpseo-metabox-root”>

Before and after screen captures below:

hidden link

I have tracked the issue to WPML CMS. When deactivated, Yoast SEO panel works as expected.

June 13, 2019 at 9:49 am #4011441

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I must admit that this is a quite rare scenario and I was unable to find something similar in our archives. Therefore, would you be interested in showing us this on the clean sandbox installation? I have prepared a one for you and installed all the plugins, apart from CoolTimelines Story, for which I'm not sure about the version you are using.

Can you try to emulate the same behavior in that clean installation, using the Twenty Nineteen theme? We only need this to be shown on one post/page, so don't waste too much time in this, we only need a working setup and a minimal environment :).

If we prove the same on our sandbox, we will have a confirmation that this is compatibility issue and I will act accordingly then. If you see the same here, please provide me step-by-step instructions of how can I test myself, and this will also help our compatibility team to debug quicker.

I have put credentials for the sandbox in the next private reply.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Compatibility with CoolTimelines and Yoast SEO combination’ is closed to new replies.