This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 1, 2018 at 12:01 pm #1912211

pascalD-20

I am trying to: understand the architecture of the translations in Divi, using the basic WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: A single page with its languages variants

Instead, I got: a mix of double pages and/or translated modules

So, my question is: I see 3 levels where translation can happen in Divi.
1. At the module level. It seems that a module stored in the Library can get its translation. The problem here is that when creating a translated module, the "copy content from ... the other language" doesn't work. A blank module is created instead of borrowing its information from the original module.
2. At the page level, the page ramining unique but with multiple layers of languages.
3. At the page level, a additional page being created.

So, I need to say that I'm a bit confused as what I see now is duplicates of the original pages, that seem to be identified as translated.
If these are duplicates, what will happen when a common element will be edited on one of the versions? Will that common element be mirrored in the other page, or are these pages now seen as totally different pages? The latter could generate quite a lot of confusion.
Some other pages are displayed as unique, but with 2 (in my case French and English) columns displaying the status of each language. This would lead me to believe that there is actually 1 page that has 2 language layers (which would be the most intuitive), but then why are there also duplicates?

May 2, 2018 at 7:25 pm #1942249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I recommend you to visit this link where you will find all the information bout how to translate a site using Divi and WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 6, 2018 at 10:06 pm #2001797

pascalD-20

I've read most of this information but it is mainly valid for users of advanced packages. My questions relate to the blog version of WPML.

May 7, 2018 at 4:31 pm #2017111

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

1.- I read your first message again and I'm kind of confused. I would like to ask you to provide the steps you are following in order to reproduce the issue. This way I can have a guide to reproduce the issue myself.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Looking forward to your answer.
Kind regards,
Carlos

The topic ‘[Closed] Compatibility with Divi 3.+’ is closed to new replies.