Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
March 10, 2017 at 3:27 pm #1227532

robR-9

I am trying to: install the ManageWP Worker plug-in on a multisite network which is translated by the WPML plug-in. The installation succeeds, but when I try to connect ManageWP with the website, it is showing the following error:
Fatal Error (E_ERROR): Call to undefined function icl_xml2array() occurred in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-dependencies.php on line 244. Please make sure that your website is accessible.
The ManageWP support isn't able to find the issue because they can not disable any plug-ins on this website. I tried to disable the plug-in Woocommerce Multilingual, but then the whole site went blank and I had to put a back-up back to get the site back online. Seems to me that there is another issue going on here, maybe related to one of the WPML plug-ins?

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link (multisite network with 4 subsites)

I expected to see: the ManageWP Worker connecting like it should.

Instead, I got: the error like noted above.

Steps to duplicate the issue: disabled a plug-in, but that resulted in a crash of the whole multisite network. Contacted the ManageWP support, but they couldn't find the problem.

March 13, 2017 at 1:40 pm #1228848

Joanna

Hello @robr-9,

First of all, please double check if all your plugins and the theme are up to date. If not, please update them. Remember to make a backup before updating.

I noticed that you are using a child theme. Please check if the issue still occurs with the parent theme.

The issue you have may also be caused by the fact that the SimpleXML extension is missing on your server. You can read more about this extension at hidden link.

You can check if the SimpleXML extension is active on your server by checking the PHP info: hidden link

If the SimpleXML extension is missing on your server, please contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable the extension.

If you still have the issue with the SimpleXML extension enabled, please check if the issue still persists with the previous WooCommerce Multilingual version, i.e. 4.0.4. You can find it at https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/developers/.
Please make a full backup of your website (files and the database) before downgrading.