This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3734455

george-michelK

Hi,

Please I am translating my site from French to English with the WPML plugin. But some Shortcodes like

([mrp_rating_entry_details_list post_id="7529" rating_form_id="6" limit="5" sort_by="most_recent" show_load_more="true"])

work on main language pages but do not work on translated language pages

How to explain that?

Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 7:54 pm #3737709

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @george-michelk, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Could you send us more details about how this shortcode is created? It's a plugin or custom code?

The translation have a different post_id from the original, perhaps you need to modify the post_id on the translation. You can use the manual editor to do this:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar
- Select your editor preferences and save
- Edit the translation

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

May 4, 2019 at 4:04 am #3739219

george-michelK

Hi,

Please it has not worked.

It is Multi Rating Pro v5.5 plugin.

These shortcodes don't necessarily need the page ID to work. They work perfectly on any page of the original language, but not on any page of the secondary language.

Thanks

May 6, 2019 at 12:25 pm #3748235

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

It may be a compatibility issue with the Multi Rating Pro plugin. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 6, 2019 at 2:01 pm #3749557

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

I created a dummy content to reproduce the issue : One page named "Compatibility wpml – multirating pro (some shortcodes)"
please you can display that post (on three languages) to see clearly the issue.

I'm waiting for you
Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm #3760205

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you. I changed the ID's on the shortcode to match the ID of the translation (24). Apparently this worked for the shortcodes, except for the "Best Ratings". Could you please check? hidden link

Kind regards,
Diego

May 9, 2019 at 7:31 am #3773703

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

Thank you for helping us, but it still does not work. I tried everything without success...

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm #3778923

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer). This way I can check how te plugin works on your website and try to find a workaround.

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 10, 2019 at 3:42 am #3781237

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

The migration is ready.

Thanks

May 10, 2019 at 3:47 am #3781263

george-michelK

Here is the link of the first translated page witch it not work with those two shortcodes: hidden link

May 10, 2019 at 7:27 pm #3787631

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks! The migration worked. I checked the page and some shortcodes still contain the ID of the original post (7529 - see screenshots), but they need to be changed to "12709" (ID of the translated post).

I changed the ID on all elements and added a new comment using the form. It seems that it's working ok now. Could you please check? hidden link

Kind regards,
Diego

May 11, 2019 at 5:40 am #3789631

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

I think this is not the issue because I forgot to reposition some pages id after several tests.

It works by moment. Try to permute the languages several times, you will see changes like on the following images.

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 9:48 pm #3801769

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I did a test on this link: hidden link

I changed the language several times and apparently continued to function normally. You can check in this video: hidden link

Did I miss any steps? Do you have more instructions to reproduce the issue?

Kind regards,
Diego

May 16, 2019 at 1:21 pm #3826223

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

When we rate a page in one language, the display of shortcodes results is normal. But when an rating is made from the translated page, the display becomes unstable.
Observe the video: the last criterion starts with 5 stars and then move to 25 stars.

The highest ranked sites (by criterion) do not display at all.

Thanks

May 17, 2019 at 8:16 am #3832189

george-michelK

Hi dear Diego Pereira,

I received the following email from wordpress:

«
Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

Ici, WordPress a trouvé une erreur avec l’une de vos extensions, « WPML Translation Management ».

First, visit your website and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link.../.../.../admin-ajax.php) and check for any visible issues.

Détails de l’erreur
======================
Une erreur de type E_ERROR a été causée dans la ligne 41 du fichier /.../.../.../.../web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php. Message d’erreur : Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs::prepare_unsent_job_for_notice() must be an instance of WPML_Translation_Job, bool given, called in /.../.../.../.../web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288 and defined in /.../.../.../.../web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /.../.../.../.../web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs->prepare_unsent_job_for_notice(false)
#1 /.../.../.../.../web/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /.../.../.../.../web/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /.../.../.../.../web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(116): do_action('wpml_tm_as
»

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Compatibility with some shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.