This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm #3484869

mikeM-43

Using Translation Management we sent a page to iCanLocalize to translate. The translation was completed but never became visible on the site anywhere. It should have appeared as a Draft (Unpublished) page for a French Site and in Translation Jobs etc.

I have worked extensively with Support at iCanLocalize to fix this. Even resending the page for translation - but it has happened again. Still no translated page.

And I can't even try to create the page manually using WP Editor - as I get the message that the translation for this page is in progress. So I'm completed stalled and very frustrated. This has been going on a long time, with a lot of back and forth. PLEASE RESOLVE ASAP. Thank you.

March 29, 2019 at 2:32 pm #3492263

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

I think you are talking about this job: https://www.icanlocalize.com/websites/75911/cms_requests/202151, as I can see that it is completed, and also the translation arrived at our Translation Proxy server which is the middleware service between WPML and ICL, so it seems that your site is not able to download the translation, so can you please go to WPML -> Translation Management, and then click on "Check status and get translations".

If this didn't help, I will need to check the issue, so please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!

Best regards.

March 29, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3492283

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

About your question regarding to translating the jobs manually, you can send the job to a local translator and then go to WPML -> Translations and translate it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Completed translation of page done by iCanLocalize is not visible on site’ is closed to new replies.